• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL listing errors?

n2ojunkie

Went and picked up a M101a1 and what we thought was a m116 with a mep-002 gen set. All went well on the pick up and the guy helping was nice enough and helped get everything. Well went out today to mess with the gen set to see whats all needed to get it running and was looking it turned out to be a mep-003. Is this normal? Should I delete this post and keep quiet? lol Or call and confirm everything? I just dont want to get everything going and get a call in 6 months wanting it back.

Last edited:

scooter01922

hmmm, tough call there, do the numbers on the stuff you picked up match the auction numbers you won??? If so i say shut your mouth and consider yourself lucky. If however the numbers don't match then you may have some other persons stuff. Then the moral dilemma begins.

n2ojunkie

The numbers match and He picked them out and told us which ones were ours. This is my first purchase from GL and didnt know if it was common or not. Its the one that was in the picture, the hours match, It was the only one this color listed for that auction. Also the M101 showed a tarp and bow in the pics but said it didnt come with it, When I picked it up it had everything installed. I guess I'll just be happy with what I got.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything I've ever bought from GL has the event and lot number on it with a black or white marker. If that info matches your paperwork you're good to go. If it doesn't you've got a moral dilemma as scooter says.

n2ojunkie

OK I"ll check the marker tomorrow, The orange sticker they had on it was marked right but I tore that off right away trying to keep it from marking the tarp. What about the euc? if its for a 002a and its a 003a would that make a difference?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not like Joe to make a mistake. If the red/pink tag on unit had the correct sale & lot number then I'd also say you're good to go.
You could also compare the registration number which should be listed on your invoice with the data plate on the generator.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I"ll check the marker tomorrow, The orange sticker they had on it was marked right but I tore that off right away trying to keep it from marking the tarp. What about the euc? if its for a 002a and its a 003a would that make a difference?
I don't think you'll have a problem with your EUC. I guess it could if they came looking for it but I wouldn't sweat it.

scooter01922

If the numbers match then you scored a sweet deal, GL has been know to screw up now and then so its not a huge surprise that they incorrectly listed something. Heck, these things have mil ID tags right on em and sometimes they don't even list what they are.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Well theres a M820 on GL and it has pictures of a M913... or I think it is. This is what GL says:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. The Item Manifest lists Federal Supply Classifications (FSCs), National Stock Numbers (NSNs), Condition Codes and brief item descriptions. All of the information within the Item Manifest is third party information that is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.

The Lot Descriptions & Photos however is information posted by Government Liquidation employees and should be the more accurate of the two. Of course, we do encourage all potential bidders to physically inspect the property prior to placing their bid. If physical inspection is not possible, please feel free to contact the site facility by phone if you have more specific questions. Be advised, due to limited information extended to GL by the government, the site may not be able to provide all of the information that you have requested.

All bids placed on the Government Liquidation website in the absence of an in-person physical inspection are done so at the buyer’s own risk.

**Information provided by GL employees is not guaranteed and should not be considered as a substitute for our customer's due diligence and/or preview.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd, Ste 300
Scottsdale , AZ 85254
Ph: 480.367.1300
Fax: 480.367.1450
Email: info@govliquidation.com
Online Help:http://www.govliquidation.com/help/index.html

n2ojunkie

Well this looks like it doesnt matter what they say it is as long as the pictures and lot numbers match your ok. Thats good news, I'll double check the numbers today but sounds like I got a good deal.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
n20junkie, if you'll feel better with an MEP002A rather than the 003A, I'd be happy to trade.

n2ojunkie

Na thats ok but I"ll keep you in mind if I decide to trade later;-) Now I have my first buy out of the way I have to look for more toys, lol

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These gensets look real nice being towed behind a contact maintenance truck!

n2ojunkie

It fit behind my jeep pretty good also, I hooked the 101 up yesturday and it look real good also. The tires are 9-16.5's and are about the same size as whats on the jeep. I need to get some pics but its cold and I have to and get a camara.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pictures dont have to match your lot that your bidding on , they can be of a battleship if the dicription and serial number is for a M35A2
Sounds like the pics trump the description in the reply you got but it goes on to say that they don't guarantee anything.

I'd say calling the site and asking the guys there won't get you very far either. While there are some good guys at the GL sites I don't think they know much about what they're selling.

I bought what was listed as a m35a2 a while back. After I won and got to looking at the pics a little closer and noticed what I really won was a m35a2c. I was all the more happy but had it been the other way I'd have been upset.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks