• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch, roller fairlead question

tatra813

I have a truck with a 20 ton winch mounted behind the cab, there is service cabinets on each side of the bed. What can I mount on the back of the bed that will guide the cable back without scraping the bed or off at angles, short of building some sort of roller fairlead to mount on the back? Any input will help. The truck looks like it has some sort of reciever hitch deal that mounts vertically just for this at the back, any ideas??

Thanks in advance

jatonka

Tatra 813, The vertical receiver type hole at the rear of the body is for a factory made guide that is used on electric line trucks and pole setting trucks. You can set it straight or at an angle. Not hard to find where ever you see line trucks for sale. It completely takes care of your problem and is the correct piece of hardware for the application. JT out

jatonka

I failed to mention, it has a pulley in it with guide plates to keep the cable in the sheave. It can be pinned in from under the truck to keep it from bouncing out.

tatra813

The truck was a line truck before I bought it, it has front and rear hydraulic winches. I still havn't figured out how to operate the winches.

There is a sign in the cab that says "operater is not to leave the cab if the neutral lockup overide button it on and the pto is engaged?

My question is how do these winches typically operated? my guess is engage the neutral lockup overide button (keeps the truck in neutral??) Then engage the p.t.o then operate the winch levers??
Why would someone have to be in the cab ? just for safety?? that would mean it would take 2 guys to operate the rear winch. There are some front winch controls in the cab also.

Any input would be much appreciated!!

If the truck was just in neutra and the neutral lockup switch was not engaged wouldnt it still just be in neutral, what exactly does that switch control??

Thanks again!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks