• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a CUCV What do I need to know?

Swint

I may be buying a CUCV in the near future for a project truck, and I want to know everything there is to know about buying from GL. I've never bought anything from them before so I'm new to all this, I want any and all info you can provide. Also, I've seen the term EUC mentioned in this forum time and time again, what the heck is that?

Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you search the terms GL and buying I'm sure you will have enough reading and learning to keep you busy until long after you get the truck.

I haven't bought a vehicle off GL (yet), but I did get a 30' box trailer last year.

The experience wasn't terrible; there are things to keep in mind. One is that you will be filling out a lot of paperwork. None of it is awful, but they want specific information, submitted a certain way. Make sure you can get a good hi-res image of your driver's license to send in with the EUC.

The second thing is that it is going to take longer than you think. You'll submit your EUC, and wait, and maybe make changes, and wait, and they'll want something else, and you'll wait. It was a month from the auction end until I got to the payment stage of things, and another few weeks until I could go pick up.

Have access to a fax machine. GL (at least the Arizona office) is pretty good about responding via email as well.

Other than that, standard vehicle auction rules apply. Inspect in person if you can, arrange for transportation well in advance, plan on NOT being able to drive it immediately, etc, etc.

There's tons more info if you poke around this site. Good luck!

tsmall07

One thing that surprised me is when you click the bid button the first time you have to enter your credit card number right then. They say they charge you the next day, but I haven't verified that yet. If you want to pay by another method, you have to tell them before the end of the auction. Make sure you read as much of the site as you can. There is a ton of information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks