• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cleaning fuel tank screen on 3/4 ton

Secesh

I think the line is blocked at the tank. I've looked in the books but must have missed the info about what's in the tank outlet. Any ideas?
Gee, things certainly have gotten rather formal around here, but at least I was allowed to log in again, which I appreciate greatly. The other Dodge forum gave me 45 minutes worth of the total circular firing squad of illogical computer logic.
I used to be Mike in VA, USA, but I reckon not anymore. Sometimes ya just gotta hate a computer.
Thanks all,
Mike Wilson
Catlett VA, USA

sixgunm37

Take the tank to the local gas tank renu place they will open it up and torch the screen and repair any baffles that are roaming around clean the tank, coat it and give it back wiith a lifetime warranty. I dealt with fuel issues for years until I just took the tank to renu.

Good luck

Dave

zak

Drop the tank and take the fuel pickup out of the tank. Clean tank or if the wallet allows have it done at the GOOD shop. Use Renew or others to seal leaks and line tank. Or you can try the do it yourself products. But a new in tank filter (I'm assuming you have a Dodge M37 or WC model). Try AB Linn, Sid Beck or Vermont Commercial Salvage or others. Unhook the gas line to the fuel pump and blow it out, or better yet replace it.

sixgunm37

Mike I have a couple WC's like yours there is no in tank filter. The fuel pickup has a screen over it that sits at the bottom of the tank were the water sits. This screen rots and disovles small slivers into the fuel. It is better to use Renu than to take a chance on getting hurt.
I have done the commercial do it yourself stuff and it let me down before I let a pro deal with it. Renu will cut a hole in the top of the tank where it cannot be seen and sandblast the inside of the tank, then torch the screen on the pickup and repair any broken baffles.
They will then weld any damage or repair any dents and coat the inside of the tank and bake it till cured. Befor you can install it you need to repair the fuel filter on the firewall and blow out the fuel lines and replace the rubber hoses. I suggest installing a clear AC fuel filter near the carb so you can keep an eye on the fuel condition and any sediment that may still be coming from your fuel lines. You will also need to clean the sediment bowl in your carb and inspect it for junk in the jets. Vintage Power Wagon and Mid West military has all the parts you need including pre bent ready to install fuel lines if you should choose to go down that road. Talk to Dave or Steve at Vintage about Renu they had a franchaise years ago. I have been driving my Wc-52 for 8 years after renu did my tank witout a problem.

good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks