• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Price Increase

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed today that the minimum bid on all items has been raised to $150. Use to you where able to tell what items needed an EUC by the starting price. Not anymore. The main page has a notice that an email was sent out on Jan 30th announcing the change. Anyone get that notice?

Maybe they need the extra money for the Bailout Plan and STD education

Warthog

Old63B20

An increase of the minimum bid was expected, due to the lower than average prices that items are getting at many auctions, both government and private sector. It's a bad economy, so no surprise that fewer people are bidding, max bid prices are lower, and bidders have fewer disposable income dollars to spend these days. The used car auction market is really a mess, as there are tons of repo vehicles, causing a flood in many areas that have auctions, and residual values of lease vehicles have fallen as well, which is why many companies that leased vehicles are no longer doing so.

Flea

I thought they raised it to $150 minimum a couple months ago? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn they raised it earlier...

dittle

That was a different increase, minimum on EUC stuff went from $90 (I believe this is correct, if not sorry) to the current $150. This new one affects everything.

datsunaholic

I got the email.

Pretty much will end my GL buying, as I only went after stuff no one else bid on. Or occasionally on metal cabinets which aren't worth $100 per lot as it is.

All they are going to do is get fewer bids; and end up with more unbid items. They have plenty of lots that aren't even worth the old $30 minimum from a few years ago. Only the idiots will bid $150 for stuff that isn't worth that.

That or the lots will get so huge that you'd need a 40' trailer to take a single lot home.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......That or the lots will get so huge that you'd need a 40' trailer to take a single lot home.
I have seen that already at the new OKC facility. The computer equiment used to be listed as 3-4 pallets. Now they are at 12-15 pallets per lot.

This increase will limit my buying also.

Warthog

ida34

There was another post on this last week. In Michigan there is a $150 starting bid on 5 cold weather sleeping bags. Are you kidding me?

datsunaholic

that will never happen, not gonna sell
You'd be surprised.

I can't believe the prices some stuff goes for. I badly wanted a towbar, Ft Lewis had something like 40 lots (2 per lot). I never expected them ALL to go for $350-500 a lot. Then I saw what the guy who bought them all wants on the open market... I can take a community-college Welding class, buy a welder and MAKE one and still come out ahead.

What I can't see selling are the tri-walls of used paperbacks and the broken "Micro-fridges". They weren't getting bids at the previous minimum.

mistaken1

Corporate executive to staff "Ladies and gentlemen as you all know by now this a slow economy and profits are down, I propose to increase our profits by raising our prices". :roll:

wiggall

My wife, and I was at Ft. Lewis, Wa. today picking up a trailer that I had got a while back. I asked them about the $150.00 munum bid. They said that they think that they will be stuck with a lot of stuff! FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

50shooter

I haven't rec'v most of the emails GL sends. I asked a phone answerer there and they told me that their email system doesn't seem to be that reliable....WOW

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks