• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Texas, going after the Deuce this week.

westexhunt

Great site. I have been reading and learning all I can since I won the deuce on GL. I am going to Camp Beauregard, LA to load it up this week. I have wanted a deuce for years and finally found one in my range (price and location) and won the auction. Look forward to posting pics etc.

westexhunt

Looks like tomorrow.

If I can get in touch with the folks at the base I am going to leave tomorrow and pick it up Wed morning early. Have you had any luck getting in touch with the contact person at the base?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck guys!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have fun in Pineville! When you get to Camp B, enter at the truck gate. Turn left, follow the road around to where it curves sharply, on your right is the building where you meet the National Guard troops who will show you your truck. As you leave Pineville, check in with the "Center for Addictive Disorders", maybe they can help you with a 10 step program or something to get you off O.D. iron.

westexhunt

Have fun in Pineville! When you get to Camp B, enter at the truck gate. Turn left, follow the road around to where it curves sharply, on your right is the building where you meet the National Guard troops who will show you your truck. As you leave Pineville, check in with the "Center for Addictive Disorders", maybe they can help you with a 10 step program or something to get you off O.D. iron.

No Doubt I should have read this before I picked it up. Read my next post (it will get better as time allows).

westexhunt

What an adventure!

Okay, cut the new guy some slack I have been around the block but this is a new block. I am writing this after a 32 hour driving adventure (San Angelo, TX to Pineville, LA Camp Beauregard and back) with only 1.5 to 2 hrs sleep since Tuesday morning (7am 2/3/09) p.s. I was not the only driver we kept it legal. I made my first GL purchase on 1/8/09 and filled out the EUC certificate the following day. I got the "Paid in Full Invoice" on 1/22/09 and tried for a week to get in touch with the base to schedule a pickup. At 7:35 a.m. on 2/3/09 I scheduled a pickup for the following morning (Wed 2/4/09) at 8a.m. I called a buddy to help make the drive (9hrs) and he came wilingly. After quite an adventure (I will try to give details later) we got the deuce hauled home at 9:30 pm on 2/4/09 and with the help of another buddy had it checked out an running perfect by 11pm. We have been beating the turnrows since then and are acting like 3 kids that got turned loose in a candy store with no parents and the door locked. What a great piece of machinery.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoo-hoo! congrats! Those trucks at Camp B are all sweeties, glad you got one. Whoever does the painting and maint at the Louisiana NG does a great job.

westexhunt

Just saw your location.

My buddies have a nice place down there on there on the Nueces. I am taking the deuce down there next time.

Whoo-hoo! congrats! Those trucks at Camp B are all sweeties, glad you got one. Whoever does the painting and maint at the Louisiana NG does a great job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks