• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump needed

ramy

I picked up an MEP-002A 5kw generator recently and have found that it needs at least one fuel pump. The one does not work at all and the other takes over 10 minutes to pump fluid thru all the filters. Anybody know where to get a fuel pump for these?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I called Facet Purolator in NY. I spoke to a sales guy and he said that the military pumps are available through a Distributor in Cincinnati Ohio. Their name is J and N Auto Electric, 1-800-366-7100.

He said, if you look at the mounting tab where the two bolts that mount it are, there is a number on each side of the tab. These numbers are the part number you need. He said most of the Military pumps are going to be part numbers, 480517 or 477833 or 480509.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thought, there is one of the 3 pumps on that unit, that is an auxiliary source pump. You could use that, as one of the 2 primary source pumps(temporarily) until you find an affordable replacement pump. It should run OK with just 1 good pump on the main tank.
Be sure the pumps are not plugged, they have a filter/screen in them. Many times, I have simply cleaned astuck, non working pump and it worked for years.

ramy

OK, I called Facet Purolator in NY. I spoke to a sales guy and he said that the military pumps are available through a Distributor in Cincinnati Ohio. Their name is J and N Auto Electric, 1-800-366-7100.

He said, if you look at the mounting tab where the two bolts that mount it are, there is a number on each side of the tab. These numbers are the part number you need. He said most of the Military pumps are going to be part numbers, 480517 or 477833 or 480509.
Thanks, they have them new in stock for $145. Also found that Colemans has used ones for $20.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks