• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little EUC help please

beck

I just made my first GL purchase so I'm filling out the EUC for the first time. I bought a M105 trailer.
I have seen 2 different EUC forms. It appears to me one is to be filled out and faxed, the other I'm thinking is submited online. There is a block in each that I don't know what to enter.
The online form has a "Event Number (i.e. 794)". Is this the sale number followed by the item number in the sale or just the sale number? In my case it would be 3955 39xx.
The form that is faxed there is a block that requests "Line Item Number and/or Commodity". I don't have any idea what they are asking for here.
The last question I have is in the "Type of Firm" block. I am not a company just a regular guy wanting to use some GL stuff. Do I check "Other" and put individual in that box?

Thanks

BimmerPower

Banned
The online version is to aid in your filling out the paperwork. It guides to step by step to help reduce errors and make everything legible. At the end of filling out the electronic version you still have to print it, sign/date it and fax or email it in. Hope you are enjoying the EUC process because I SURE AM!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The on-line version I've used does not have to be printed out, it's sent electronically and my CC is billed. That way they put the onus on you to fill out everything correctly. they also require the invoice number, which will fill in the event and lot information, and serves to make sure you have actually picked up the item before requesting the SF-97. I have a written/printed confirmation of my on-line SF-97 application. If you do not have an on-line pre-payment arrangement, you might still have to scan and/or fax, along with the payment. Doing so will delay processing on your SF-97 until they receive payment, and their 30 day guarantee does not start till after they have the money! HTH

m38inmaine

If you use the EUC form on GL it will have a blue box pop up on every entry that explains what to put in each box. To answer you question "personal" and just the event number"3955" not the lot number.

beck

Thanks, I think I got it.

Thanks guys. I think I finally got it all right and sent in. How long before I see a change in my EUC progress report?

Armada

Once you fax or email your application it will take about 2-3 days before your status changes to 'sent to Battle Creek', then about 7-9 days after that you will get the approval (or denial) notification.
A friend of mine sent in his first ever EUC application last month. It took exactly 10 days for him to get approval. My last EUC also took only 10 days and I've sent in many over the years. They are a lot faster than they used to be.

uoa

Will you get an email notification when the status changes? I REALLY can't afford to visit the GL site so frequently. :razz:
No, not when the EUC is sent to battle creek. You will get one when the EUC is approved though. Start waiting... I bought on 12/29, mine was approved on 1/30, someone else on here with the same purchase date was approved on 1/6.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The on-line version I've used does not have to be printed out, it's sent electronically and my CC is billed. That way they put the onus on you to fill out everything correctly. they also require the invoice number, which will fill in the event and lot information, and serves to make sure you have actually picked up the item before requesting the SF-97. I have a written/printed confirmation of my on-line SF-97 application. If you do not have an on-line pre-payment arrangement, you might still have to scan and/or fax, along with the payment. Doing so will delay processing on your SF-97 until they receive payment, and their 30 day guarantee does not start till after they have the money! HTH
If you don't print it out how do you sign it?

I can understand printing it, signing it, and then scanning it to send through e-mail but there's no way to sign it if you never print it out.

Last edited:

gonorth

M16TY, that is what I did with the EUC and the Export statement. Print, sign, scan, then send them as attachments. I figure that amouts to the same thing as faxing it. It was also easy to attach a good clear COLOR picture of my DL to the same note. Just did that last nite tho and status has not changed as of about the same time tonight. Hope I emailed to the right place. I emailed to: eucinfo@govliquidation.com

Sumoman

I'd like to know too. I emailed mine this morning @ 11:00am and the status hasn't changed to show it was received yet. :cry:
Mine has been there for 2 weeks, I have been told its good, and still do not see it:-x

they were quick about taking the money off my card though:roll:

As for the trailer that was bought, I sure hope you do not plan on towing it with the truck you used as an avatar..:-D

beck

As for the trailer that was bought, I sure hope you do not plan on towing it with the truck you used as an avatar..:-D
My little truck has plenty of power to tow the trailer but the chassis isn't set up to handle it. I would need the pintle hitch near the top of the tailgate. If I don't buy a deuce there by the time my paperwork clears I will be offering the trailer for sale to those who have GL approval. It looks like I put the cart in front of the horse.

My EUC is at Battle Creek. I had to make a few revisions and send a COLOR copy of my drivers licence. It went quickly once I recieved notice that I needed revisions. At that time I had a direct link to the person handleing my paperwork. I think the best way to submit EUCs is by emailing them as attachements. That is what needs to be done for the color page anyway, since most fax machines are black & white. Scan and attach the other paperwork and put it all together.

davesbf

there is a current lag on EUC submissions,the last batch seems to have evaporated on some ones desk and several people have recieved requests to resend EUC to newer address as jrou111 has previously posted.best advice is to e-mail and question if they ever recieved original.

Numbers

Did anyone else have to do an "Export Letter" also? I did my EUC online but they (GL) required an "Export Letter" also even after I told them there are no plans to export. I was told via GL that it is a requirement now. In other words I ended up faxing everything (instead of online) except the drivers license along with the EUC which was error free but still required to be sent a second time.

Other than that the forum members here had me set straight before I even submitted the EUC but nobody mentioned an export letter which is basically a statement that your *SS is hung if you export improperly and that you know the rules and have been warned.

jrou111

Did anyone else have to do an "Export Letter" also?
Yes. Everyone has to regardless if they ever export it or not.

After reading about it here on this forum, I prepared my Export Letter right after I sent in my EUC. When they asked for it I sent it right in, along with a 'crystal clear' copy of my drivers license. :-D

beck

expoort letter

Yes, I needed an export letter. I knew that in advance and included it. The paper pushers that handle the EUCs are so used to requesting them. My first email from them stated I needed to file one along with a correction on my EUC form. The first email was immediately followed with one saying never mind the export letter you already submitted it.
By the way my "papare pusher" was very polite and handled her job well. I called and talked to her several hours after I resubmitted my forms.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks