• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A032 Welder Completed

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am posting pictures of the welder after we painted it and added a fuel tank. I have also included a close-up of the connector and drive adapter. It works very well, having plenty of power. It is much smoother and quicker on the governor than the Wisconsin VF-4 we had on it before!
Regards Marti

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job! What is the noise level? The 4A084 on my 10KW genset is pretty noisy, but mostly from the generator I think, not so much the engine.
Is there a fuel filter somewhere not readably visible and what about a muffler(s)?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you say so, personally I rarely read the multipage threads when responding to them, so something is usually missed.
I like to keep the projects separated and post accordingly. I have a hundred posts (probably) on the xm757 project and wouldn't want them all in one thread, it's just me I guess, too much emphasis on searching....

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn:
Hello! How go the projects?
There is a fuel filter screwed into the fuel pump - hard to see, gold color. My son gets them at the state Highway. When they get in a new fuel pump, the guys throw the filter away because there is a filter elsewhere on the truck.
The noise will get your attention if you are standing directly beside the exhausts, but it is very bearable when 6" or more away. We like the sound. Now I need a couple of small rain caps--!!
Regards Marti

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Marti, I don't do much in the cold...if there was snow here, that would be different, but mud, ice, sleet, freezing rain, just not enjoyable.

We don't have the engine TM on the site, do we? (TM 5-2805-204-14)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks