• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce crane truck

APM215

WARNING THIS THRED CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES!
VIEWER DESCRTION IS ADVISED.

This is so sad.:soapbox:
I wish I could save every MV I find.
I found this on YouTube.
I think this truck is based on the CCKW.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFRDxWIA_SE[/media]

Last edited:

jpcj-7

That is so sad! My wife saves me from myself, or else I'd have a bunch of trucks like that sitting around just to save them!

54reo

I ran across an M35 based "Quickway" similar to that prior to me purchasing my first M35 gasser. It had a completely rebuilt upper works, and it drove; as in I could have driven it the 20 miles home and put it to work.
The gasser TM's came with it too.

REAL long story short, I waited too long not knowing what it was and lost out. A couple of "hill-folk" bumpkins bought it and turned it into mud buggy parts.

All but the differentials was turned into scrap iron.

I still loose sleep on that one.

scooter01922

I don't get it..... So a truck of a type that in all likelyhood no one there has ever seen before gets hauled into your scrap yard. Instead of doing a wee bit of looking into what its worth you just scrap it????? DUMBASSES.:evil:

crazyplowboy

One tough old gal, she was fighting all the way to the end.......

I might have to buy another truck after seeing that. Thats terrible :evil:
I am going to do the same. It is amazing though how much of a fight the truck put up. This makes me respect my truck even more. After seeing this I hope that I never see another SS member scrapping their truck. This makes me sick.

offroaddiesel

i had to have my wife watch it first to make sure it was ok for me to watch, she said i should not watch it, so i tookher advice but iam kinda tempted steve from western maine

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am as sentimental about these trucks as the next guy, but . . . These trucks started out life as cargo trucks, and then put to hard work when they were surplused. If you were to try to restore one, trust me, after 100's of hours of grinding off fishplating, welding cracks, replacing springs and torque rods, rebuilding the trunnion, etc etc, you will wish you started on a nicer truck to begin with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks