• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 in Bend, OR

jesusgatos

Just bought a 1963 M109 from a guy on the Pirate forum. Drove it 250 miles home from Fort Jones, CA earlier this week and I'm diving right into a motorhome conversion. I read a lot of helpful stuff here before I bought this little Deuce, and now there's a lot more I need to figure out quick-like. Promise to do more searching than posting....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

jesusgatos

Thanks guys. I'll post more pics as I rip into it, but there's not much to show right now.

It seems like a pretty solid truck. I just need to score a few more things for it, like a hard top, winch, and heaters for the cab and box. I'm planning on living / traveling in this rig full-time for the next few years; and I'm anxious to get on the road, so this is pretty much a full-time project for me until it's finished. I've built lots of off-road vehicles, but I know jack **** about motorhomes and campers AND this is my first military vehicle/heavy truck, so I'm still trying to figure out what equipment (appliances, electrical, water system, etc.) I should use. As soon as I figure all that out, I'll start working on a floorplan and then, well, then the real work starts.

In the meantime, I've started organizing all of my stuff into two piles (not literally). One pile is the stuff I know I want to take with me, and the other pile is stuff that I'm going to put into storage. I'm going to start living only out of the pile of stuff that I'm taking with me so that I'll have a better idea of what I need to make room for as I build this thing out.

jesusgatos

I think I've already exhausted the 109 conversion search! Ha. Not sure where I want to settle down and build a house, so I thought I'd go have around. I'll probably be spending most of my time up here in the PNW, but I'll be up and down the whole west-coast. Down to Mexico for the Baja races, and I've definitely got up to Alaska at least once. This will also be the primary support vehicle for all our dirt bike trips, and those take us all over the place.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking for a Deuce, but have decided that the 5 Ton will suit me better. I am looking for an M813 or M818 to put a deuce bed on. It would be an appropriate ADV ride!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks