• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2A 016 Help

dmichels

I have a 2A 016 engine attached to an unknown military generator(see my other post). Best I can tell it is early 60's or late 50's. It is a2A 016-1 version. As most things I own it is the odd one that no one has parts or info for About 50 percent of the parts I get for it do not work. I had to make a carb gasket for it because it has a tillitson CM-4 carb Not a big deal I can make gaskets. The points and condensor set arived and I am keeping to the 50% rule the points work fine but the condensr is wrong. My condensor is on the top and the one that came in the kit is below with the pig tail. I physicly can not mount the condensor in there original location. I am capable of doing a rig, but I am trying to do it right with the correct parts. Any thoughts where I could get the correct condensor?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I have a 2A 016 engine attached to an unknown military generator(see my other post). Best I can tell it is early 60's or late 50's. It is a2A 016-1 version. As most things I own it is the odd one that no one has parts or info for About 50 percent of the parts I get for it do not work. I had to make a carb gasket for it because it has a tillitson CM-4 carb Not a big deal I can make gaskets. The points and condensor set arived and I am keeping to the 50% rule the points work fine but the condensr is wrong. My condensor is on the top and the one that came in the kit is below with the pig tail. I physicly can not mount the condensor in there original location. I am capable of doing a rig, but I am trying to do it right with the correct parts. Any thoughts where I could get the correct condensor?
If the engine is a 2A016-1, its the same engine that is on a MEP-015A, 1.5 KW gen set. This TM is in the SS Power generation TM section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks