• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big, Blue, and Butchered but still an M26A1

Green_gator

I was driving through the Ybor City section of Tampa the other day and saw this. It looks like they cut off the rear of the cab and the winches are gone. It does not look like it is in running shape. If anyone is interested I can try to get some owner info. What grabbed my attention to start is the mock up of the M1 that was pointing down the street.

Attachments

JDToumanian

I'd never seen one of those before, so I looked it up in D. Doyle's "Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles".... It says in the data section:

Fuel Capy: 120 gal
Range: 120 mi

THAT THING GETS ONE MILE PER GALLON!!! :shock:

Jon

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup. The M26 Pacific was the un-armored version of the Dragon Wagon. Hard to find not all rusted out. Hope this finds a good home....

Gordon_M

I'd like to find one of those here.

M26A1 (12 volt) or M26A2 (24 volt) some were built that way, some were rebuilt hard cabs.

The winch pack just lifts off with a few mounting pins, and it looks like that fifth wheel is smaller than the original which was oversize.

Still well worth having

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd never seen one of those before, so I looked it up in D. Doyle's "Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles".... It says in the data section:

Fuel Capy: 120 gal
Range: 120 mi

THAT THING GETS ONE MILE PER GALLON!!! :shock:

Jon
I wish it was close to me. I would have to take a serious look at it if the owner wanted to sell. At 1 mpg that would almost make the best milage of the M60 look reasonable,(385 gal and 310 mile cruising range on hard surface at 20mph).

Attachments

Last edited:

Lonesome715

Hey man, I am from Seffner and went to school at UT. I use to drive by Ybor all the time. I would like to know more about that truck if it is still there. I am not making any promises, but if it is for sale I might be interested. I bet they were using it to move all those houses in that area.

vj

m26a1

if ok see if they are going to sell the m26. or might do some trading. i got 4 halftrack and m426 to trade on. thanks wendell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks