• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m135 wheels for super singles?

chevycrew

I remember reading the m135 wheels will work due to wider width for larger tires running as super singles... anyone correct me if im wrong.

Well not sure if these are the ones needed, but here is a set of 4 on an axle that is listed on ebay in ohio. If I could get them and they are wide enough for 16.00r20's i would, too far for me to go get it tho.....

For anyone else who can use em......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mili...590371427QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chevycrew

Ok i was wrong, they are not the wide wheels i was thinking of.... I was thinking of m35a3 wheels instead... but these may still come in handy for someone running singles

brgmchevy

If I'm not mistaken M135 is a single rear wheel truck. The M211 is a dual rear wheel truck. The M135 wheels are offset to give a wider track width but they are the same width as the M35 wheel, 7" I believe. The M211 wheels would be similar to M35 wheel offset. The ebay axle looks to be a dually from an M211 or similar. Anyone?

Jones

I've got a Budd drawing for an 11"X20" rim that is for the HEMTTs. It'll support the 1400X20 and 1600X20 tires. The same wheel is referred to as a "garbage truck wheel" in the big truck wrecking yards 'cause they're most often found on refuse trucks. For the 1100X20s, I understand that the standard 9"X20" deuce rims will carry them safely. Will post the rim drawing in the tech articles section for anyone who's interested.
Hope this helps.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garden-veriety M-series duece wheels are rated for use with tires up to 12.00-20 size. Those from the M35 or M211 trucks are offset for dual use, those from the M34 or M135 trucks are for single use. The military proved a long time ago singles work better everywhere but on the highway. Duals can hold up more weight on pavement, a factor with the "on-highway" army of the 80's.

The standard 5-ton 10-hole Budd wheels are the same width as duece wheels, but have a different center. 5-ton super single wheels are wider for use with the 1400R-20 tire.

dg

Warren Lovell

Wheels options

Can anyone clarify:

1. What wheels can be used for super singles on the M35A2 ?

2. Where can you get the wheels ?

3. What is the preferred offset ?

4. What do people think about the after-market wheels ?

5. What are the aftermarket options ?

6. Are super singles safe for the M35A2 ?

7. What are the advantages of super singles ?

I wanted to get all my facts before plunking down a large amout of money on rims and tires only to find they either don't fit, look unappealing, or are unsafe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks