• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone Inspection

scottc

I won an M35 on 2/19 at Redstone Arsenal. If any members are going there in the near future,a quick look over of lot 3948 would be greatly appreciated.
Only thing I can see from the pictures is that she has a flat tire. Thanks again.

cldh35611

Good luck with your truck, I was out there on an inspection last week and about a dozen of those trucks did not have brakes!!!! I will be out there in the next couple of weeks when my EUC clears.

Are you going to pick it up or have it shipped?

Darrell

scottc

Probably going to have it shipped, Thanks for the heads up on the brakes,did you inspected the trucks? If so, this one has a flat on the front passenger side. If you are able to look at it for me when you are there picking up yours that would be great. If it looks, good I may attempt the recovery myself, sounds like fun, or I will learn a hard lesson.

aboonski

Scottc, I just came back from there recently and the trip up and back are anything but fun! We drove up I-75, hit 24 in Chattanooga, and then 72 into Huntsville AL. Faye and I took our Toyota Highlander Hybrid to retrieve an MEP002A genset and it was good that we did because of the snow flurries and rain we encountered through the mountain areas along 24. It is best to get to the GL office early because the people helping you take their lunch break around 1200 and they run you out of the compound where the trucks are. If you are retired military it will help to have a base sticker on your windshield otherwise you have to go through the security screening at gate 1 which can be time consuming and irritating to say the least. We stayed on base the night before picking up the genset and it helped out a lot after the long drive up to Redstone. If I can provide any further info regarding the route or the experience of retrieval at Redstone, PM or email me and I will be happy to help.

Al Broadbent abroadbent@bellsouth.net

scottc

I don't know about that snow part. I have never seen the stuff, let alone drive in it. Maybe they will take their time with the EUC, and that won't be an issue.

jrou111

I'll hopefully be picking up my deuces in the next 2-3 weeks. I can take a look at it for you. You could also PM Wreckerman cause he practically lives there. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks