• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel questions - super singles

Warren Lovell

Can anyone clarify:

1. What wheels can be used for super singles on the M35A2 ?

2. Where can you get the wheels ?

3. What is the preferred offset ?

4. What do people think about the after-market wheels ?

5. What are the aftermarket options ?

6. Are super singles safe for the M35A2 ?

7. What are the advantages of super singles ?

I wanted to get all my facts before plunking down a large amout of money on rims and tires only to find they either don't fit, look unappealing, or are unsafe

M1075

Warren-

I'll try to answer what I can. First off, I'm assuming your questions all relate to super singles (XML or G-20) not singles (1100R20). Many more options with singles.

1. What wheels can be used for super singles on the M35A2 ? You need a 10 or 11" wide wheel. Options include M35A3 wheels, *widened* stock duece split ring rims, and 2 piece wheels.

2. Where can you get the wheels ? M35A3 are limited surplus and difficult to find. You or your machinist can widen stock rims. You can buy 2 piece rims from USA6x6 or Stazworks.

3. What is the preferred offset ? To get XMLs or G-20 to the edge of the bed in the rear and a little outside the front fenders, about 6" backspacing will do.

4. What do people think about the after-market wheels ? I like them, but they obviously are not stock. I see many advantages with a 2 piece beadlock design. Main disadvantage for most is the cost.

5. What are the aftermarket options ? USA6x6 or Stazworks for 2 piece

6. Are super singles safe for the M35A2 ? Depends. Safer than stock when mounting tires, but less safe with higher spun weight and more road speed. Duals have advantages and so do radials.

7. What are the advantages of super singles ? Better traction, increased ground clearance, more road speed, improved off-road performance, ability to air down with beadlocks (if applicable), tubeless radials (and inherent advantages), cool factor??
Overall, I like them. That's why I now have 6 trucks running super singles.

hummin2london

Take a look at the pics of my Big Dog in the "bavarian bark" thread. You'll see my rims from usa6x6. A bit of hard graft putting it all together by myself but manageable. I think the look great, almost stock with the ovals in the centers. The certainly make it wiiiiiddddeerrrr!. I'm digging the size of the xml's as the truck rolls much easier down the road. I did lose a bit of torque and the brakes are not as rock stop solid as on the 900x20's. coool factor went up by several factors, just ask my kids friends. Nothing to do with the teeth in the grill, I'm sure;-)

40grit

H2L,
Did you happen to check the rims to see if they were round horizontally and vertically before mounting them...I'm wondering if they have any eccentricity to them that is amplified by the bigger tires, I just got a set from Stazworks, they have some egg shape to them, I need to call John and talk to him , but I figured I'd see if you thought it made them ride any worse with the rims out of round...

spicergear

Hummin2London-
If ya hang your head out the window while driving are your tires tracking dead straight or wobbling a little bit. I've had NO luck with POS6x6 WHAT SO EVER.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks