• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Tow Tractor

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody want one of these, there is one for sale cheap in West Texas in poor condition. Pics available but not electronically.

oilcan

Anybody want one of these, there is one for sale cheap in West Texas in poor condition. Pics available but not electronically.

Note to self; Do not reply to this thread because you know you'll be hauling more stuff out of Texas.

I'll bite. Pm me.

Oh jeez... Here we go again.

reb87

I have one that my wife's grandpa had and used on the farm in the fifties. The winch, 2000psi compressor and generator are gone. It had been parked for years in the trees, I recovered it and brought it home. I started to work on it but when I pulled the head found a very damaged piston,cylinder etc. The engine is 100hp flathead hercules and top speed is 22mph (if I remember right) Used to tow aircraft(bombers) they have rubbertracks. 14000 lbs

Hey Reb87, If you wanted to restore it or get it running a competent machine shop should be able to bore it out and sleeve it. You could then either get new pistons made or maybe find some NOS pistons. Are the rods bent or cracked? Is the crank ok?

Monkeyboyarmy

Guys.I am,and have been looking for one for a while.If you know where one is at for sale,please let me know.Looks like the only thing that is missing on that one is the windshield.All of the hard parts like high pressure air compressor,DC generator and winch are there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks