• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Da form 2404 given at recovery

50shooter

I just recovered 3 deuces from Camp Dodge. In one of the packets given with the vehicles is a DA Form 2404 Equip. Inspec. and Maint. Worksheet. On this form they have listed 9 line items from seals (including part number and est man hours) to tires and fuel pump.

Does anyone know if these are items that were actually changed and or fixed?

All 3 packets included the DA Form 461-5 which lists all the noted issues and what is still serviceable. It is obvious from the vehicles that they did not fix or repair these items.

Thanks for the help on my first GL / Recovery.
Jason

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
look at some of the parts they list.. If the parts are new, they got changed.

I'd guess the parts were listed as part of a TI (technical inspection) for the turn in of the truck, and not ordered/changed/hung.

Mark3395

The TI is routinely prepared at turn-in. I got a couple of them too. The items identified aren't resolved, and the diagnosis isn't always correct. At least you get one as a starting point. The only other place I've received one was today at Warner Robbins.

I think the guys at Camp Dodge are outstanding. The operation is a satellite of Rock Island.

Congrats on the pickup.

50shooter

Did you have a deuce p/u @ WB? I would like to get an AF truck at some point down the road. My wife and I are both AF and she may be a bit more forgiving if it is a former AF truck and then I can tell her I bought it for her.

I got inspection reports with all the trucks. It was just the one that had the other form and it appears to be some type of workorder or worksheet. The trucks are out on the farm and I won't get to them until the w/e at best to check if the repairs were made. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I took the flash drive to work today just to look at the pictures throughout the day.

I can't compare Camp Dodge to anything else but it was a pretty flawless recovery. Lots of prep work and a recon a week earlier didn't hurt.

Thanks
Jason

LanceRobson

Generally the DA2404 "TI for turn-in" you found is intended as justification for turning the vehicle in for disposal. Every type of vehicle has a maximum expenditure limit beyond which the vehicle is disposed off.

For a current MRAP it was 95% of acquisition cost, the last I saw.

For CUCVs, it might now be $200 or less.

Often the "TI for turn" in lists things that would be repaired, adjusted or replaced if the vehicle were about to be deployed but which few or no units would address in the "real word" I couldn't begin to estimate the number of times we were either encouraged or flat out told to bring in high dollar TIs to get rid of equipment the units or MACOMs (major commands) didn't want to keep.

If the faults were worked off the corrective action and the person(s) who preformed the work would be noted. On a pre-deployment work up or for a vehicle prepped for storage and possible re-issue the faults would have been corrected and a complete QA/QC TI would have been done by a different inspector.

Lance

ida34

the da2404 is a list of known faults found at the date and time on the form thats it :wink:

True but corrected faults are also noted on the 2404. That is unless the form has changed. The user or unit maint write up the 2404 then the faults are addressed. Some are just keep and eye on and deadline faults are corrected and annotated. As previously stated, this 2404 basically gave them justification for turn in and none of the faults would have been corrected if it is a turn in 2404. I worked through all the fault on M818 that were listed on the 2404. Some were noted such as the fender replacement with all the costs associated. They even put down the absence of mud flaps. I also had some previous paperwork with it and the mud flaps had been gone for two years but it was not a deadline fault. I think the straw that broke the camels back was the accessory drive oil leak. The fender was obviously added to run the costs up since it had not been annotated before and had been rusted for some time. Part of what maint used to do after fixing something is coding it so the costs could be tracked.

I just found a PDF copy. If the fault was corrected column d will show the corrective action and the person that corrected it would initial column e. Some times a fault is corrected by labeling it as basically keep and eye on it. This would be for say a class 1 leak. Watch it to see if it becomes a class 2 or class 3 leak.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks