• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818's Norman OK sale3973

KsM715

Anyone checked out the M818's in Norman OK? I need to find out if the one I won is drivable? Sale 3973 lot 7261. I know they all said wont start or doesnt start but Ive heard lots of stories about guys driving trucks away when listed that way. I'd like to have an idea what Im getting into when the EUC clears. I'd like to be able to drive it back up here to N.E. Kansas. Anyone able to check it out for me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Im 40 min from Ft Riley if anyone needs help or a place to store stuff send me a message I'm willing to help when I can. Just dont ask me about checking out a truck to see if it runs or not Im way to much of a noob for that but willing to learn if anyone wants to teach.

Jeff

Attachments

M1075

Several of us looked those trucks over today. Tackettr had some good notes and might be able to help you. Unless this is one with oil in the radiator, I expect you could jump it and be on your way.

StreetbikeDepot

Hoopsoft looked at them, and he said that a bunch of those trucks where rough, but I had him look at that particular one for me as well, he may remember the condition. I'll be there next week so I can check it out for ya, that goes for anyone that bought them, PM me and I'll check them out and send back reports.

Last edited:

hoopsoft

Man I don't get it, some guys paid $4000 for a couple of really rough trucks in unknown condition, which will be close to 5k with fees and taxes, and streetbikedepot's truck is twice as good as the best truck that was in that whole lot.

His truck tires look brand new, and I would hop in that thing and go coast to coast (maybe with a gun to my head) but I wouldn't worry about it not making it, and here the poor guy can't get nothing but tire kickers at 5K... Crazy

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is Steetbikedepot's 5 ton in the for sale ads? Haven't seen it.

So what did you end up paying for your truck? I had those on my watch list but didnt' see what they sold for.

KsM715

Mine was less than $3000. I saw one or two others that went for a little less, but most of them were in the high 3's to over $4000

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks