• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Illinois

50ChevyFrank

Brand new to your site. I love all old trucks and cars, especially old Chevies. I am a regular on the Stovebolt Page (Frank50) and currently have a 50 Chevy 3/4-ton pickup. I am interested in someday doing a NAPCO 4x4 conversion and maybe a diesel or larger gas re-power. I joined here to learn more about mil surplus trucks, engines and parts. Thanks. :razz:

54reo

Hello and welcome to steelsoldiers!

It is quite addictive, that is for sure.

I am from Southern Illinois, it is good to see another IL brother here.

50ChevyFrank

Sullivan

I live in Sullivan. Close to Decatur, Mattoon, Effingham. Here in Amish country.
I dont see many MV around here except at the NG Armory.
Thanks for the welcome!!

Tibby

You are not all that far from me. I am about six miles northeast of Springfield. Don't worry about becoming addicted to green. It is the best kind of addiction to have.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was also in Illinois (was being the operative word). I'm currently at my daughter's place in Lavonia, GA. I cou7ldn't deal with any more of that Illinois winter. Guess what? Got up this morning to 6" of very wet snow and everything is shut down. They just don't have snow removal equipment around here/

99dodge1500

Welcome to the site. See this tread made me realize that there are quite a bit of people from Illinois on here. I have yet to get my MV but I am on my way.

Norseland

Yep welcome, they are all right, your wife is going to wonder "What the hell's gotten into you now?" No midlife crisis just a military vehicle obsession HA! good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks