• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From washington

srodocker

Hey all, Joined a couple days ago and been reading ever since...lack of hours :cry: is that cause of that! anywho a little about me is im 20yo. in school for computer programming down here in lacey/olympia area. This past year or so i've grown to love military type items as i watch the military channel a lot haha!

Going try and get a deuce before next winter (ya i know a long ways away but gives me time to save and convince the GF :p haha) and i want to use it for some off roading adventures and some convoys. One of the other reasons i want to use it is to help anyone in need especially the ones that always get flooded.

I grew up on a Island in the Puget sound and would love to take it out there during the summers and play with it and show it off to the kids!!!

Anyone know a local MV show is around here? I know idaho has one but that might be to far off for me and the little bro to drive to

THANKS For all the help:grin:

Last edited:

KaiserPower

Welcome and keep on reading, the more knowledge you can get before buying your first Deuce the better... and the other thing is... this hobby can become an all out addiciton... but at least you'll have something to sure for it all...:-D

srodocker

hehe yea it is an addiction there a cpl m1009's at fort lewis which is 10mins away and i told my gf ok ok i'll only bid a couple 100 dollars and see how it goes! hahahah

Jinx

Welcome to the site sir! Good to see more locals take an interest in military vehicles.

I don't think there is a local MV club yet, but there may be enough members to create one.

srodocker

Jinx your sig cracks me up cause i dream about zombie take overs all the time. :p my friends and family call me crazy...I want to build a fleet of MV's and make a concrete fort hahahah

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to S.S. as well.

I am a recent transplant to the Tacoma area and am used to getting together with MV folks at least once a month. I'm looking to find a place to start having a regular S.S. get together. I'm gonna start scouting places where we can get together. Maybe so some offroading...i don't know...I gotta get out more often.

Any thoughts???

srodocker

I know theres beflair and capitol forest to off road. Not sure about a big deuce in some spots though. A monthly get together would be awesome for the ones who have rigs and the ones who dont! like i said hopefully by next fall/winter i have one if all goes well :razz:

chevytruck: yea i actually had a dream with a deuce hitting the zombies hahhaah...yea im weird..

wsucourgar: im new here so not sure on numbers but that would be sweet get a show together for this summer

Chevytruck

I know theres beflair and capitol forest to off road. Not sure about a big deuce in some spots though. A monthly get together would be awesome for the ones who have rigs and the ones who dont! like i said hopefully by next fall/winter i have one if all goes well :razz:

chevytruck: yea i actually had a dream with a deuce hitting the zombies hahhaah...yea im weird..

wsucourgar: im new here so not sure on numbers but that would be sweet get a show together for this summer

i never mentioned i had that dream?!??!? :|

how did you know?!?!? :p

srodocker

Yea i live right off exit 114 never seen any deuces driving around here...only drive by them in dupont...yes they still have 3 or 4 sitting by a warehouse :drools :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks