• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Powercoms for Intercoms

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, as some of you know, I'm pretty proud of my Peltor Powercoms. The Powercom is a noise reducing headset with built in radio, in this case an FRS radio. The newest ones have GMRS channels which means 8 additional channels. On low power they work great as intercoms and can even be used vehicle to vehicle. They are very versatile but to this point have been very expensive. They usually sell for between $450 and $600 per headset. There is a seller on ebay selling them for quite a bit cheaper. Seems to have a few as I just bought 2 more pairs bringing my total to 4. I use them with the kids and can even get out and walk around the truck and still stay in contact. Check out this seller.
eBay Seller: carlin3: Sporting Goods, Business Industrial items on eBay.com

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Militoy

FRS and GMRS radios can be pretty handy - You should point out though, that when operating on the GMRS frequencies that are not shared with FRS channels, you need to be licensed. A single station license will make you legal, talking to members of your immediate family, or to other licensed users.

Your idea of using noise-cancellation is a "sound" one.:wink: I've been working on putting together an active noise-cancelling version of the VIC-1 for several years (as free time has allowed). I'm hoping to get both the CB and GMRS interfaced on a VOX, as well as an over-ride from my cell phone, and an AM/FM radio. I know this is one more 2-way than the system usually allows - but as long as I'm digging into the system adding the VOX, NC and impedance-matching anyway - I may as well go for broke.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks