• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Question

spentshell

Whats the deal with the close time vs the award time with GL, I bid on something today and had the high bid at the end of close time. Does this mean I won and the bidding is over or can the item still take bids until award time?

spentshell

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Open Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]03/03/2009 12:00AM [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Close Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]03/05/2009 05:00PM[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Award Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]03/06/2009 12:00AM [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thats what I thought until I saw this

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your e-mail, the award time is when GL officially notifies you, by e-mail, that you were highest bidder and have won a new toy.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's okay, you just have more time to spend more money, GL likes it that way.

Militoy

Just look at the bid history, if you were the last you won the auction.
I don't want to be a spoilsport, or to badmouth anyone - but I have experienced several events where this wasn't necessarily so. Sometimes, after the auction closes, it is re-opened for mysterious reasons. Occasionally, the apparent High Bidder is informed that they "were outbid", a day or so after the closing.

Maybe there are intricacies of the way bids are received and dealt with, that I'm not aware of, that might shift the closing time.

I understand the many ways that the condition and description of the lot that was bid upon may wind up different at the pick-up time, than it was during inspection - but the bid history / bid closing issue remains a mystery to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks