• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to J-Waller!

rmgill

Me and a bunch of other guys were at a WWII Reenactment over in Camden, SC. Saturday morning, the dingo that is owned by a friend of mine had a drive line failure down in the woods. One of the wheels was locked up in the drive line area for that wheel station (bevel box or Tracta Joint). Suffice to say, with one wheel dragging on a 3 ton armoured car, it couldn't go far. We tried dragging it out with a Dodge Weapons carrier. We tried a nearby Ag Tractor (John Deere) and neither had very much luck.

So, I called in the big guns. I called Clinto up and he tracked down the cavalry. J-waller showed up sunday at about 9:30 with a friend in tow and in his M818A+1. He did in 15 minutes what we couldn't do with an AG Tractor in 2 hours. He dragged the dingo up the hill got it turned and got it on the trailer up at the upper clearing in around an hour.

Thanks John!

rmgill

We'll have video later this week. The guys with the cameras are probably STILL on the road driving back north to VA, PA, NJ and MD.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

Blythewoodjoe

I'm glad to hear you guys got it out. Clint called me yesterday and I was up in NC on vacation with my wife. I called my brother, but it sounds like Mr. Waller took care of you before my brother could have. I hate I was out of town, Camden isn't far from the house and I didn't know there was any kind of re-inactment stuff going on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks