• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer use

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know, but from the shape of the box, clearly it's air deployable, and I'd even venture to guess the box can be easily removed from the trailer chassis....

MILRET45

Don't know how I wandered into the rally forum with my question, I plead senility:oops:. Looks like it's basically a trailerable air cargo type of box since it can be palletized.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure it's use but it's a combination wood/aluminum trailer that has fold down shelving inside and a small drop shelf that opens to the outside. The tongue folds up against the front and there is also a jerry can holder and spare tire mounted on the front. I saw a couple at a GL site that shall remain nameless.

Verkstad

My guess it's just military styled. Or atleast a very limited production. Note the COTS lamps and 2" trailer receiver thingy. Now the COTS taillamps are not a certian giveaway as they are being installed on some new equipment notably MRAPs and associated sweeper vehicles.
Jakob.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see the info you are referring to, but someone made a mistake in the turn in document or something. The NSN is for a M105A3 trailer. The picture is clearly not a M105A3 trailer.

Garrett makes all sorts of custom "one or two off's" air deployable shelters, this is clearly one of them.

Fort Powell

[h=6]Part#: CON991111[/h]Developed for the Air Force as a medical logistics trailer the interior can be configured to special requirements, such as weapons racks and tool storage cabinets. Dimensions: 98″L x 84″W x 96″H
Empty weight: approx. 2,400 lbs.
Gross weight: 10,000 lbs.
[h=5]Features:[/h]
  • Single axle
  • NHSTA compatible
  • Airlift certified
  • Forkliftable
  • Compatible with a 463L pallet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks