• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M67 immersion water heater

mikes47jeep

hi

i have a m67 imersion heater, and i was wondering would it run on "coleman fuel"

coleman fuel seems a bit more stable than gasoline

how dangerous are these things on gasoline? they cant be all bad because that style heater has been used since the 40's

i have experiance in disaperaring eyebrows, i like gasoline camp stoves:grin:

thanks,

Mike

LanceRobson

Mike, I'd guess they would work but gas is cheaper and you wouldn't have to leave the gas in the tank to get stale. If memory serves, emptying the tank is called for before storing the tank away anyhow.

If you read the TM and resist the urge to look down at the splash plate to see if it's lighting properly, you'll never loose your eye lashes.

Lance

PS. I know I still owe you some trailer pics. I'll have to drag a stand light to that corner of the shop and get them taken.

ralbelt

I remember burning bags of powder off from the 155 howitizer, boy did we lite up the sky. CO thought the mess blew up a imersion heater.

They may not be as bad as powder but can be dangerous.

Beeeeeeeeee careful.

mikes47jeep

Mike, I'd guess they would work but gas is cheaper and you wouldn't have to leave the gas in the tank to get stale. If memory serves, emptying the tank is called for before storing the tank away anyhow.

If you read the TM and resist the urge to look down at the splash plate to see if it's lighting properly, you'll never loose your eye lashes.

Lance

PS. I know I still owe you some trailer pics. I'll have to drag a stand light to that corner of the shop and get them taken.

no hurry lance, i am still intrested, whenever you get a chance just shoot me some photos

mike

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was a driver for the mess hall in Germany many years ago...lost a lot of eyebrows and various other parts of my hide messing with immersion heaters, stoves and space heaters that were designed by an idiot and built by morons.

440Duster

I am using my heater in a barrel to heat my greenhouse in the winter. I burn a mix of 75% gasoline and 25% waste motor oil. A full tank will last about 24hrs and the water temp on the surface stays around 130 degrees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks