• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New traveler - StrykerPez

Hi, you can call me Stryker. I am the founder of a little disaster preparedness site at United Disaster Survival and Defense Alliance - From the Ashes of the Fallen, We Are Reborn - United Disaster Survival Alliance. I am currently living in Colorado, but am originally from California and plan to move back soon. I have been searching for several years now for the basis of a vehicle that could take a pounding and more. I plan to build basically an off-road mobile home with trailer, for both recreational vacation trips to the dunes and mountains, as well as surviving the inevitable fall of civilization. I look at it this way. If I'm just overly paranoid and zombies don't attack and we don't blow ourselves to hell and Yellowstone doesn't explode, then at least I'll have a really badass and fun truck for fun trips.

After several years, I have settled on the Deuce for the base of my RV. I was also looking at the Oshkosh line of trucks, but the Deuces are a lot cheaper, easier to come by, and the multifuel engine finally settled it. Now I plan to learn as much as I can about these beasts while saving money for one and for the build.

Now I must go and re-count my cans of Hormel Chili and Spam :p

K10A

GO BACK to Cali ? wtf for...... I hate that place... er most of the residents...er sumthing.... leave me your fun guns if you have any, ill take good care of them.

crazyplowboy

First off welcome to SS. Secondly you said that you want a deuce as a base for an RV, if that is the case you should look into buying an M109 as they already have an enclosed box on the back and alot of guys have/are converting them into campers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks