• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 GP Ford Jeep ??????

metexaco

I am purchasing a 1941 GP Ford Jeep. I have owned a few GPW's and MB's in the past and know where to look on the frame for the serial numbers. This Jeep is in another state and I have only got to see photos of it thus far. It hasn't any data plates according to the seller and he has looked for serial numbers in various places about the Jeep but as yet hasn't found anything. I told him where to look if it were a GPW to see if he can find a number there. Does anyone know where for sure they would be located on a 1941 GP Ford Jeep?
Thanks!
John Colwell
469-337-4335 Cell
email me at jepcolwell@aol.com

TedG

Series 1 GP's are stamp on top of the left frame rail, just above the front axel. Easy to find but the stampings are light and hard to see. It should be: star xxxx star
Serie 2 GP's are stamp on top of the right frame rail, just above the front axel. Harder to find since the 6 volt generator is in the way.

Fastest way to tell between 1's and 2's: 1's have one hood bumper. 2 have 2. Also a five digit serial number is a series 1 and I think 2's are 7 digits.

PM me if you want more information.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks