• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what a mess

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you but that in PR and have it shipped to FLA? If so what does that freight run?

bbf

that did come from pr and the pic did not show the front axle turn around the truck must of hit something in the front end the ps pump was hanging down and the hack the fuel system apart the truck is missing a few parts and they took things apart . i dont think they knew what there were doing

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck had hit hard enough to break off the front axle, the tires would be flat and the rims bent. This is a case of some mechanic taking things apart and not finishing the job. Do a forum search for "Unimog", I have read that the core SEE truck is the same as a standard Unimog. Someone here will have parts you need to fix that front end.

CanadaDeuce

Im confused at your post, I asume you bought it this way ? or did you have it shipped from somewhere and they did this damage ? ......... obviously if it is shipping damage Id be real choked ! :evil:

If you bought it this way from Europe, well hope it was cheap as it might take every last greenback you have to fix it

LOL

Thanks and hope the later was the case if not dont ship with that Co again !

CanadaDeuce

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure would be great to see some more pics of that front axle situation, but I'm with NDT on this. The front torque tube is disconnected from the front axle, and that's all that keeps the axle from rotating like it has. Maybe it was taken apart, maybe the bolts worked loose and broke, allowing the axle to rotate....

Can't see the shaft from the pinion in any of the pictures. If it is intact, not broken off, there might not be serious damage to the front axle. I'd say don't panic.

There have been many 406 Unimogs taken apart for parts due to heavy rusting, and the running gear from those is nearly always in great condition. The front axle/torque tube would be a simple swap out.

Bob

bbf

that is the way the truck came from p/r the pic that gl put up did not show the damage the front tube was disconnected and a few other parts were removed on the front end its will be a project for my friend that pick it up but he has another on that he got from gl about a year ago

Wolf.Dose

Unimogs are expensive. Parts also! If there is not only a joint broken (Which to my experience on a Unimog will not happen.) the repair is not a cheep one, if it will not require a new/ used/overhowled front axle and related parts.
Due to the pics this looks like an accident. This means there is a lot of damage for the moment unvisable (I do not know how these parts are called in eEnglish, but I guess the Schubkugelgehaeuse and the Vorderachsschubrohr are also not in the very best candition any more). If these parts are realy damaged, than good night, this is a damage very well over 20000§.
And a lot of special tools are needed.
Wolf

kroctec

Wolf I fear you are right about the very high cost of repair. However since the guy has a swecond machine he might rebuild one good machine from the parts of two damaged machines. We could do with more photographs showing the actiual damage and to learn the condition of the other Unimog.

I can certainly vouch for the very high cost of rebuilding Unimog axles.

saddamsnightmare

March 28th, 2009.

At least its an SEE, the parts should be around here in the states to repair the front axle, and scrounging should turn up the other parts. SEE's get more grief then they should, but in my humble opinion, once you get it repaired, it should outlast the owner with some care.:-D

Good luck,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks