• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Question: Engine Rebuild

Dave5337

Hey Everyone-
Cool site! Just joined! I live in Western New York and have an unrestored 1944 Willys MB that I want to restore, but I don't want to mess around with the engine (mainly from the standpoint of time, but also lack of experience). So my question is this: who do you recommend to do the rebuild/reman on the engine? I seem to remember some ads in the Military Vehicles Magazine, like Surplus Jeep Parts in California, and Army Jeep Parts & D.L. Bensinger in PA, but don't recall right now if they do rebuilds. Ideally I'd like the engine to run and look like it just came out of the factory. Anyone have any suggestions and/or recommendations? Please post!
Dave

JeepMan

Hey Everyone-
Cool site! Just joined! I live in Western New York and have an unrestored 1944 Willys MB that I want to restore, but I don't want to mess around with the engine (mainly from the standpoint of time, but also lack of experience). So my question is this: who do you recommend to do the rebuild/reman on the engine? I seem to remember some ads in the Military Vehicles Magazine, like Surplus Jeep Parts in California, and Army Jeep Parts & D.L. Bensinger in PA, but don't recall right now if they do rebuilds. Ideally I'd like the engine to run and look like it just came out of the factory. Anyone have any suggestions and/or recommendations? Please post!
Dave
Take it to a local rebuild shop. Just check your phone book. Many auto parts stores have connections to or have thier own rebuild shops. Just pull the engine and take it to them, they rebuild it, you re-install it and enjoy.
You may want to look into feedback on the shop. Some are better then others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks