• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

egt sensor question

2deuce

Hello, I'm new here and very happy to have found this site. I have been reading about turning up the fuel and the info on watching the temp. My question is, have any of you gotten the plug out of the end, either end of the manifold? If so, which sensor did you go with? and how do you like it. Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to our forum, 2deuce!
I installed the thermocouple probe by drilling and tapping a hole for it. It was done with the turbo out and the exhaust manifold could be cleaned before the turbo was installed.
I'm not aware of any plugs here.
Hewitt Industries is a good source for the pyrometer and the probe.
If you drive your deuce close to the limit, then a pyro is important. Especially if the fuel is turned up.

2deuce

Thanks Cranetruck.
On each end of my exhaust manifold is a plug. I've been reading other posts and some have stated they couldn't get them out. I'm looking to use one of those holes if possible. Then use a sensor someone else had sucess with. The setup from Westach looks good.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the plug that is up by the #1 cylinder. It wasen't fun removing it. I used some kroil oil to help get it loose. I used the adapter that came with my probe. I'll look and see if i can find you a part #.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks