• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I connect 2 MEP002's

LanceRobson

No, they cannot be synchronized.

The MEP-002A is rated at 52(?) amps but that is max output and they are I believe, rated at a power factor (PF) of 0.8. This means that they will produce the rated max for a short while but can be operated at 80% of data plate output continuously.

A 10 kW MEP-003A would be overloaded for your applicaton.

If you need 3 phase power,a 15 kW set would be adaquate but still heavily loaded. (15 kW= about 150 Amps at 120/208-3 phase x 0.8=120 usable Amps) All this assumes each leg is evenly loaded. If the load puts a heavier starin on one leg you still shouldn't go over the 0.8 PF or about 40 Amps at 208V per leg for a 15 kW set.

If your set up is single phase the picture gets a little tougher due to the 10 kW sets being the largest sets that can produce single phase power. All the 15 kW and bigger sets I've ever seen produce only 3 phase power.

Running a 3 phase set with two legs heavily loaded and one leg lightly loaded is a recipie for a dead generator.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks