• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crane Weight

M1075

Thanks Bjorn. The crane is off an old Hemtt. I was guessing 4,000-5,000 pounds, but I'm hoping you're right with 3,000. You would know!

What about a 5 ton axle weight? Anydody? 2,000-3,000#?

These pounds add up quickly for shipping!

Attachments

M1075

Scrap Iron

I got my 5 ton front axle replacement and picked up the cranes, outriggers and a pair of HEMTT axles. Emm, you were right. The crane is a Grove from the M977. I believe the M985 is similar with a higher rating. Anyone got any experience rebuilding one of these or a source of parts?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce Kubu has one of those cranes on his HEMTT. Haven't see or heard from him for a while. I'll see if I can find him!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the TM's for that crane should be on the HEMTT series TM's. They are good cranes, we loaded alot of M1, M2 and M109 ammo with them back in the day. Im sure Grove have parts, as it is still in production.

spicergear

Prolly gonna be like $250 for ship, I'd guess. Paid more than that shipping them in from CA. LOL!

I can prolly get out of them at a buck and a half a wheel. PM me, we'll see what we can come up with. I have some other details for you anyway-

LOVE THEM CRANES MAN!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks