• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

auto bid question

drjconley

with the auto bid box checked will gl automatically increase your bid the minimum amount until the bid reaches your max. i just didnt want to put in a high bid figure and check the auto bid box then find out i instantly went to my max.
thank you
jim

m62a2

TyJustice

GL will not automatically increase the bid on your item to your max bid. They will take it up to the next bidding amount in there set progression as another bidder bids against you.

Nonotagain

GL's auto bid function will increase your bid so that you only bid in increments that out bid the other bidder. The higher the price, the higher the steps in the bid are.

EBay’s auto bid allows for you to always be the highest bidder requiring the new bidder to top your bid, not you having to top theirs.

I recently won an item that someone with 10 minutes left before auction close dinged my item, just once, but cost me another $200 from what my standing bid was to having to top their dinged bid was.

I usually just lock in my auto bid as soon as the auction opens and check back an hour or so before auction close. If someone wants to pay more than what I think an item is worth, more power to them, just some items are too nice to let go to someone else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks