• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keco A/C's today- a bargain?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody end up with one of these Keco 1.5 ton A/C units from Tobyhanna today? For $200 before shipping for 4 units that appear to be new, I couldn't resist. But it looks like only 5 or so out of 200+ sold. I know they are 3 phase, but are these things some kind of lemon the gov't dumped? My Keco military "window" unit A/C works fine . . .

Stonepicker1

I was watching them also. I had one in Iraq for my tent(see picture), it work great for four months then the compressor went bad. I powered it from a 5kw gen. Bad thing is they are very, very noisy.
My unit had them back in the 80's mounted on the front of a semi-trailer(4ea), it seams we were alway working on them.

Attachments

Orionspath

Okay Guys, I ended up the lot (4) from Tobyhanna yesterday. Is anyone close to this location that would be interested in picking them up for me and interested in bringing them four down to Virginia? PM me if interested or possibly trade delivery for an M116A2 or M105A2 in trade. Must be within 14 days or so (before the heat sets in here in Va)

View Next Lot

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]LOT (1) PLT, (4) KECO IND, MDL: 18T-2SA, VERTICAL COMPACT AIR CONDITIONER, 18, 000 BTU, 208V, 3 PH, 50/ 60 HZ, R-22, EACH MEASURES APPROX: 18"X 20"X 50", EACH WEIGHS APPROX: 280 LBS. PICTURES ARE REPRESENTATION OF THE [/FONT]

n3sq

PM Sent

PM Sent

Okay Guys, I ended up the lot (4) from Tobyhanna yesterday. Is anyone close to this location that would be interested in picking them up for me and interested in bringing them four down to Virginia? PM me if interested or possibly trade delivery for an M116A2 or M105A2 in trade. Must be within 14 days or so (before the heat sets in here in Va)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally got the Keco A/C units in today, motor freight lost them for a while. Cost $390 to get 4 units from Tobyhanna PA to Texas. So I have $150 ea in what I think is a really nice unit. They are brand new, never out of the box, heat and cool, complete with manual and the power connector. Yes they are 3 phase 208 V, but with all the MEP gensets everyone is buying, should be no issue to power. I am lucky to have 3 phase at my shop. GL only sold a handfull out of 100's, so they will come up again I would think.

Attachments

Avn-Tech

Group,

Hopefully GL will group them togeathe better for the next sale if most did not sell. I see at Barstow they are putting two M105 trailers togeather in lots from ones that did not sell.

$150 for two trashed M105 is not bad. Maybe if no one bids on them again, we may see four M105's in a lot. Hopefully they will do the same with the A/c units.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

Orionspath

Brother Alex S/S in Montrose picked mine up for me and I wil drive up to is locale to pick up prior to the heat build up her in Virginia. P/u in less the 30 days.... Stoked,,,,,,

n3sq

A/Cs @ Tobyhanna

Did you ship yours via UPS. I was there the same day that they picked them up.
I picked up my 8 and Orionspath's 4 units.

They are not light.

Well I finally got the Keco A/C units in today, motor freight lost them for a while. Cost $390 to get 4 units from Tobyhanna PA to Texas. So I have $150 ea in what I think is a really nice unit. They are brand new, never out of the box, heat and cool, complete with manual and the power connector. Yes they are 3 phase 208 V, but with all the MEP gensets everyone is buying, should be no issue to power. I am lucky to have 3 phase at my shop. GL only sold a handfull out of 100's, so they will come up again I would think.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPS as in UPS Freight? These are too heavy for regular UPS at 280 lbs each strapped in a 4 pack plus pallet. Mine went via Vitran, they did a great job keeping things undamaged.

Ordered some 12-4 SO cord today to make up the power cable from Mc Master Carr, will be "in the cool" here in the next few days.

Michael

I bought some of those several years ago. They looked almost new. I only got a few power cords and they are almost impossible to sell without one. I took two tested good units to 3 shows and finally sold them for $100 each to another dealer. A 10KW gas gen set will run two of them but will not start the third. I have one hooked up at the shop which has an oddball type of 3 phase (110 to ground on two legs and 220 to ground on the third) and it runs fine on that so I wouldn't worry about the 208 voltage rating. Overall, they are a nice unit, just don't expect them to sell like hotcakes.

Their intended use:

http://1plant4u.smugmug.com/gallery/814946_43hWC#36315003_ZHhaB-A-LB

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks