• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M68 Gasoline Duct Heater

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know anything about these heaters? I picked up 3 of them - one for my shop, one for spare parts, and I guess one spare parts spare.

Most of the ducting is trash but I think I can piece one whole set together from all three.

papercu

The TM should still be on LOGSA. If you don't find it I may have one in my files. Wayne

BTW A heating and cooling company should be able to replace the duct.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I had a problem last time I tried getting into LOGSA but there are a couple of other sites that have the TMs.

I was just curious about anyone who has used them. I'm planning on running the duct work through an extra dog door I have in the shop. Since I'm in TX I don't need heat a lot but there are times Dec-Mar when it would be nice.

papercu

I have one but never used it, I hate winding that d$% pull cord. You might consider putting a squeeze bulb in the fuel line to help prime it or use either. Wayne

SterlingDevelop

I bought one on ebay a while ago, I mounted it permanently to my m1OO trailer,
I use it to preheat the Cessna in the winter. Luckily all my ducts were in good shape.
Works like gangbusters. I mounted a cordless drill adapter to spin start it rather than winding the rope.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks