• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Collins, Co pick-up, insp, haul

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
At Co forestry, I've got a 1952 M135 duce lot# 9065 that I will need to pick up. Auction page says they don't help with loading. Has anyone gotten anything from there in the past. If you are going to be out that way could you give my truck a look? Also it you are coming from that way to KC and have room to haul it let me know.Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks for the offer, but I was looking for someone there real close that could check the truck over before I come out there in April to get it. Ft Collins is still a little north of you I think.

70deuce

When are you coming out to pick it up? Might be able to get some club members here in the Denver area to go up there and check it out for you. Looks in pretty good shape. Is it a runner?

Phil

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Phil, looks like I will get out there late Tuesday night the 7th to load-up Wed morning and haul it back. At first I was planning on going out and taking as much time as needed to get it road worthy and driving back. But it has to be moved by the 10th and I now have to be in Arkansas to do some estate biz that following week end. I bid blind so I am planning on putting it on a trailer to get it back to KC. If any of you get a chance to check it for me it was Lot65, vin4434. I called out there and the guy that answered didn't know anything about the condition of the truck. It was one of the hood closed ones so might not even have a motor! Looking forward to spending some time out there next year when you guys host the convention. Thanks for the offer. Dave

Ps what's up with mapblast and google earth they both show it as a 9 hour trip from Olathe Ks, to Ft Collins! If I push it I can get to Denver in a little over 10!!

Bushman5000

Loveland here, there's someone in Ft Collins I know. I'll help as best I can. Where, when, etc. I had no idea there was any Iron up this way. How'd you find it?

reb87

There were a bunch of cool military vehicles on a colorado gsa auction. I was born in ft collins, lived in loveland till five years old. Nebraska is all I remember though.

m376x6

A fellow just pulled through on his way to Fort Collins. He picked up a crewcab I had sold. I beleieve he would be interested in hauling your truck. He's driving a crewcab Freightliner. It's called Bigfish Transport, his name is Jeff. His number on the road is 254-424-8807. His trailer has a winch with cable to pull trucks onto it so a truck with no power is no problem. The trailer can easilly haul three vehicles.

Regards,
M376X6

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got it home in one piece via my buddies trailer. Didn't get a chance unload it till today. I left the batteries at work so will be a day or two before I can fire it up. Thanks to all that helped. I still can got get the manuals in the resources section to open . Can any one help??

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the nicest M135 to come available in YEARS! What a sweetie. Good luck finding a nice bed to go with it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is the nicest M135 to come available in YEARS! What a sweetie. Good luck finding a nice bed to go with it.
That was one of the worst ones! The other ones that were on that auction and the ones in SD that also ended that day were better. A couple still had the complete beds and many others had army hard tops. I really lucked out as I bid blind and got it for less than $500. Besides the bed being cut down there is not much wrong , 2 extra small holes in the dash, tires dry rotted. I will have to wait till I get home tonight to see if it will start. I am very HAPPY!!! :-D I have always wanted one it was made in Jan 52 so is only a couple of months older than me!!

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
better get that thing ready for liberty memorial!
Dave I had time to work on it last night and surprise, surprise it runs and moves like a champ. After I figured out that fur form the 5 dead mice in the gas tank had clogged the pump pick-up and that with 5 gal of fresh gas in the tank it is still empty It came to life and ....... everything works on it including the after market tach! I don't know if I have enough extra cash between now and then to get 6 11.00 x 20 to make it road worthy.

Attachments

WW2Chevy

MWMules.

I may have a source for a replacement bed for your truck. I know of a salvage yard about 2-1/2 or 3 hours NW of you. The last time I was there, they had a number of beds stacked out by their north property line. They don't usually move their stuff very quickly (one man operation), so they are likely still there.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Please sir may I have another" Man that is great news if you can let me know where or a Phone# on who to call on cost and if they still have any. This is the truck a couple of weeks ago when I got it home and this is today.
Thanks for the info, Jim

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks