• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UniMog 404S into East Bloc stand-in

davesgmc

I saw that truck out at east wind. I was VERY IMPRESSED. It gave me a few ideas for some of my projects actually. I sent allen the pics I took out there. Should have several of your trucks too. Thanks for sharing.

Wolf.Dose

Nice craftmanship! Howerver, out of which country this 404S should be? Bows and a tarpaulin with a closed cab on a 404S. I know no country which ever ordered that. On a 406 I would say, ok, Africa. But a 404S with hard top and blue lights on the roof: Fire truck with special purpose boby. But never with a US stile body!

That is the same like a Deuce with container twist locks and no bed!

Sorry, I'm to close to Unimog, I work on them.

Wolf from Germany

Tascabe

It is a stand-in for an East Bloc truck

originally we were targeting a Tatra 805 but it also is similar to a UAZ 3303.

Obviously it is not an exact match but most important was to have a non-US and hard to identify at a distance.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tascabe, good job and great visioning! Compared to the original bed, that M105 trailer metal is a huge strength improvement!

Congratulations on putting those parts together and making a whole truck.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks