• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump longevity sorted

dmetalmiki

I can now report that the mod to all my M series trucks , fitting a second switch next to the master checks out all ok. all the trucks run fine at all speeds and loads. The sequence now is master on. fuel pump switch on. start (with or without flame heat). On drive off fuel, fuel pump switch OFF in gear and..go.

P.S. wrecker:: Master (oil prime pump) on..master inst/etc on. 15Lbs indicated , Fire up. when oil pressure peaks, switch off oil prime pump. (heres the cunning bit!) when engine is ready to STOP. Turn ON the oil prime switch. Shutdown. engine. when egine stops (oil pressure reads 40 - 45 lbs!) switch off oil primer. watch oil prssure slowly fall to zero..quite comforting realy! as all der bits inc the turbo have lube when the engine oil pump has ceased running!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks