• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alcohol with Ink in it ...?

frodobaggins

I work at a plastic sheeting type facility and we have drums of used propyl alcohol with ink/pigment used for printing in it. Any thoughts on filtering, using this ?

Note: It's 99% alcohol when the drum is first opened.

Obviously mixed with some oil etc.

GoHot229

Its molecular size makes it burn twice the amount, as an alchahol molecule is half the size of a gas molecule, also its hard on rubber parts in carbs and fuel systems. Also theres zero lubrication properties with it, but yea it'll burn, the exhaust fumes also make your eyes water or (burn). But for free, Id take a chance on the H2O comtamination, if it was stored indoors the likleyhood of comtamination is small. The ink might make a slight bit of carbon, I doubt it will make much difference if as you say it was 99% on the lable, thats beter odds than most gas stations.

frodobaggins

I'd definitely add a lot of oil to it, and its free :)

I'll see if I can get some specs on the ink that's in it and in what proportions and post it up here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks