• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need fast answer??

zb39

I am picking up at Mechanixsburg, PA , tue at noon......they want 24 hrs notice...I didn't get home untill 345 pm and i called...only got machine and i left a message....i want to leave at 6 am to get there at 12. they did not call back today. do i have a problem?? Is anyone familiar with the place or people. I'm afraid they will call my cell when i am on the way and say forget it. I don't think anyone is there untill after 7ish am???????????????????

gonorth

I would be calling at 7:00 AM before you drive too far. I have no experience with this location. Some would be OK with it and others would not. Be sure you have your paid reciept handy when you call, they may ask you about some numbers on it to be sure your EUC went thru.

army98

I went from St Louis to Mechanicsburg to pick up my truck , I was late but called inrout , they were pretty nice there. I was just upset that they move thr trucks with a fork lift...... I was driving it back to Mo. Call early and GL

gonorth

Hey, not to hijack your thread but I can't get GL's web site up now. Anyone else having trouble?

Update: I finally got in after two hours. They must have been down.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The call to Mechanicsburg is so they can add your name to the list at the gate of approved folks to enter the base. I've been there twice. Each time the folks at the gate have a list of who is supposed to be coming in that day. If you are not on the list, they have to confirm with GL before you can enter. Make sure you have current registration and insurance info on your vehicle. They will make a temporary photo id for each person in your party. Once you get on the base, go straight down the road to where there used to be a building (big empty lot on the right), turn right at the street after that lot and back up to one of the two entrances to the building on your left - unless they have had to move out of that warehouse under the new contract.

zb39

Thanks for all replys.....called at 7 am and they said they were full for the day. I told her( Amanda) my brother and i took off work to go..she said they would aqueez us in. Got there at 1pm. took very good care of us. even told me my 3/4 ton trailer paperwork came thru and we got that also. 3 trailers , went well. Guy( didn't get his name) running the fork truck was an artist, a true pro!!!!! He knew exactly what he was doing. Good time.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks