• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 price check ???

Elohim1

I know a guy with a m135. Truck is in good shape. There is some carb problems. Has hard top. Has the winch, but cable is broken. Has converted to 8 tires on th rear as opposed to the 4. tires are in good shape. Brakes seem to be good. Gas tank needs cleaned.

What is a descent price for a truck in this cond.

Thanks
Chris

Autofabwelding

I know that this thread is 4 years old but....... I just bought a m135 for the axles it had 5 flats was missing the bed but the guy said it ran when they parked it. I gave 300 for it. We couldnt load it onto trailer so we cut the axles off and the air compressor and tanks and left him with the rest. Keep an eye on north mississippi craigslist if you need parts he may repost it for the parts. I found it by searching 6x6.

paulfarber

IF it has the right parts then its a good deal.

Most large antique MVs are missing the bed. So having a good, complete bed is sometimes the only reason to buy a truck. For others its the doors, or rims, or electrical bits....

So you should feel around and look at other M135 projects on the web and see where they are at. If they are all looking for X, and this truck has X, then you are ahead of the game.

My rule is a parts truck is not worth anything more than $1500. Unless it runs and drives and is complete (but may need body work). If it 'needs brake work' or 'engine cranks but will not start' or the best: "drove 5 years ago" then its still a parts truck. The owner is telling you what he KNOWS is wrong. Assume that this is a START, not a complete list.

BugEyeBear

There was a VERY NICE fully restored M211 on eBay a few weeks back for just $5K -$6K (I don't remember exactly...)

Yes, it might cost you $25K to completely restore a large MV, but that doesn't mean it is now WORTH $25K!!

-Bear-

CDN-CUCV

I'm looking to pick up a '55 M135 with everything there, winch, good bed, minimal rust for $1000- Canadian, so about $900 green backs. However, the block is cracked, but it runs.

Planning a repower and bob, so the bed may be available soon :wink: fyi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks