• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Requesting a sf97 in another persons name

OldGoat

I was looking for a 818 & saw adds stating a sf97 will be applied in the new buyers name. Is that something simple like changing the name on the sf97 form on the GL requst form? Or is there more to it?

wsucougarx

I think if you know the buyer's name then that can be put on the EUC. I don't think it's possible to change the name on the SF97 however. What I did was get the SF97 in my name and then provide a bill of sale noting the SF97 number with the buyer's name on it. Seems to work in WA state.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested in this topic as well. I don't yet have an invoice marked paid yet, so I guess the best place to get this question answered is on the GL chat.

Rick

jimm1009

SF-97 process

Since G.L. is the actual first buyer from the government, the SF-97 will be in G.L.'s name. G.L. then in turn provides you with a SF-97 re-assignment form and bill of sale from them to you or as your state allows.
Some states do not accept the reassingment form in which case they usually title it in their name and then give the title to you with a bill of sale to you as you would purchase any other used vehicle.
The government must provide the SF-97 to the first buyer which is allways G.L. in the case of any vehicle auctioned through G.L.'s site.
GSA and other agencies are not the same process.

Nonotagain

Since G.L. is the actual first buyer from the government, the SF-97 will be in G.L.'s name. G.L. then in turn provides you with a SF-97 re-assignment form and bill of sale from them to you or as your state allows.
Some states do not accept the reassingment form in which case they usually title it in their name and then give the title to you with a bill of sale to you as you would purchase any other used vehicle.
The government must provide the SF-97 to the first buyer which is allways G.L. in the case of any vehicle auctioned through G.L.'s site.
GSA and other agencies are not the same process.
I'm under the impression that GL is acting as an agent for the government and does not own any of this property.

If these trucks were the property of GL then why would they allow soldiers from the motor pool at various locations to remove parts?

jimm1009

As someone else explained to me, they buy them about one day before they close in the auction. They in turn sell them through the auction to the buyer
(winning bidder). The theft of parts happens after they arrive on the base in the yard but usually after the pictures. They are photographed and identified and then parked in the yard. Usually they are then taken to a storage area where they are packed like sardines until we go to pick them up.
I believe that the interim stage is where they are not locked up as explained by someone at a base.
I'm sure that not all bases are the same and the level of theft, if any is not the same either.
I am not affilitated with G.L. and am not in the military (since 1990) so I'm only going on here-say.
Jim

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't be done. I tried it one time. I bought a truck for my brother because he didn't have a GL account. I tried to get the sf97 in his name but they wouldn't do it. They will only issue a sf97 to a name on the GL account that bought the truck. If someone (besides GL) is saying they can get a sf97 in the buyers name I'd watch out.

It is right, as stated above, that the sf97 will be in GL's name but what I'm talking about it the re-assignment letter that comes with the sf97 that has the buyer's name on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks