• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BRDM fuel pump

BRDM driver

Any ideas on the best way to track down a replacement fuel pump diaphragm on a BRDM-2?

I don't know if the engine in this vehicle (5 litre v8 petrol) is common to any other russian vehicles?

One option is to bin the pump and fit an electric pump...

I can post photos of the pump if it will help.

EZFEED

By the way, if its the diaphram pump then you can get a rebuild kit for it from GAZ or UAZ or a authorized dealer. You can also buy the material and try to make your own. Personaly I would use an electric pump, the engine could use all the extra power it can get and losing the mechanical one will rid it of a ittle friction.

Malyutkaman

If you're trying to keep it original EZFEED has the right idea. It is a common fuel pump and anyone that carries GAZ or UAZ parts should be able to help. One name that comes to mind (in your neck of the woods) is Bob Grundy. I think he had one at one time but I havn't spoke to him in a while. Definately the quick fix would be an electric fuel pump. If you need any technical info on the vehicle (Torque, settings, illustrations etc.) let me know. I was lucky to get a maintenance manual BIG HELP:-D and cool pictures!

BRDM driver

OK, here are some photos of the pump.

The diaphragm in it was a home made bodge. I don't have an original.

I have a service manual, but it's for an earlier model and doesn't cover the rocket launcher or anything about the electrical systems.

I also have translations of all the lables and controls which helps!

pump1.jpg

pump2.jpg

pump3.jpg

Finlandia

5 litre v8 petrol
5 litre V8...?

GAZ 66 has a 4.25 litre V8, ZIL 131 has 5.96 litre V8, and Ural 375 has 7.0 litre V8.

I think that you engine is one of them.

I have broken Ural fuel pump, I take pictures to it. ;-)

robreznik

OK, here are some photos of the pump.

The diaphragm in it was a home made bodge. I don't have an original.

I have a service manual, but it's for an earlier model and doesn't cover the rocket launcher or anything about the electrical systems.

I also have translations of all the lables and controls which helps!

View attachment 118090

View attachment 118091

View attachment 118092

Looks like its a B9 pump - I have a new one but think the arm is a different length - could you measure it please - notice your in the UK ! - shame as I was close to Reading this morning!!!

BRDM driver

Fixed now. I made a new diaphragm from nitrile sheet.
I also got an overhaul kit from someone in Russia via eBay! It arrived wrapped in brown paper and strig!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks