• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting her to OHIO

jime

I hope this is the appropriate forum.

Okay, the EUC has been forwarded to Battle Creek, so my next cause of insomnia
will be getting the deuce home to Ohio. I have ALL KINDS of questions. If I get the thing
shipped, it’s probably not a big deal, but if It’s drivable, I’ve gotta get it titled and registered.

I assume the process is as follows:

• Submit SF-97
  • Get title in my name
  • Get insurance
  • Register it
  • Drive it home (Yea, yea, easier said than done!)
I hear that it takes a while to get the title. Will GL get PO’d and charge me storage?

Any better ways to do it? The Truck is at Redstone.

Any input from you OHIO boys would be appreciated!

Jim

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a tow bar you can borrow if it comes down to it. I would offer to help, but time is short for the next month or so.

wsucougarx

SF97 can take 2-4 weeks. Do you have a place to store it in the meantime? My insurance policy allows upto 2 weeks of insurance on new purcchases and I can get a 3 day trip permit from our WA State Licensing agency. You think your insomnia is bad? Wait until the night before your recovery :razz:. I know because out of all of my past 4 deuce recoveries it's been the same, pacing, thinking, anticipation excitement, pacing thinking, anticipation excitement, pacing, thinking.....I think you get the idea:-D

wsucougarx

According to GL, they will hold your SF97 request until you actually pick your truck up. Once you sign it out, then they send and ok to process your SF97. That's just what I was told when I inadvertly drove my GL truck home without signing it out:roll: The GL rep forgot and I got hung up on issues so we both forgot

jime

G-Robb...Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if it comes to that. I think I'll need to upgrade the brakes on the Toyota.:-D

jime

According to GL, they will hold your SF97 request until you actually pick your truck up. Once you sign it out, then they send and ok to process your SF97.
I inform the insurance that I just bought it, and I'm covered (I understand that part). What does WA require to get the trip tag? Anyone know if OH has anything similar?

skytroop232

Jim,
I should have the tags for mine in about a week, you can borrow them and go get your truck. I borrowed a friends temp tags and went to get mine.

Heck, just where some BDU's and look official and nobody will mess with you anyway.

Bob

oilcan

Here's the way I always do it.

Get the EUC taken care of.
Set up a time to pick the truck up.
Get insurance on the truck.
Do ALL your pm's and drive the truck home.
Send in the SF97 and wait for the title to come back. (My last two took almost 3 months)
Get your plates.

As far as I know, you have to get the truck off the gl lot before you can even apply for the SF97.

Monkeyboyarmy

Jim

I always get a temporary tag with the form 97 before I transfer it into a title.But you must have the vin number inspected (out of state inspection) before you can get a title.You may be able to get a temporary tag from a bill of sale (invoice?) but I have never tried it.My insurance covers me for 30 days after buying a vehicle.Bad thing is it usually takes longer than that to get the truck out.One time I had to pay storage fees when I went over my free storage period with DRMO.It was like $30 a day.Adds up quick.Some of the GL locations will give you a couple of extra days if you ask nice.I have driven most of my trucks home with the same historical plate....knock on wood.If you dress correctly,you don't even need a plate ;-).I talked to the Redstone people today and their load-out schedule is Monday through Thursday 8 am to 1 pm.I have a deuce down there that I need to have out be a week from tomorrow.I might be able to peak at your truck if they give me enough time.

Things you will want to bring if you plan on driving it home:
tool box
Silicone brake fluid
2 good top post (or stud) batteries
5 gallon can with diesel
gallon 15w-40
antifreeze
primary fuel filter
air hose with a glad hand or 1/4" female pipe fitting for airing up tires.
wire and electric tape
pair of fan/alternator belts
CELL PHONE
anything else guys?

jime

I got a good report on it from Blood_of_Tyrants, an its been a while since I've had an over-the-road adventure. I'm leaning that direction.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One time I had to pay storage fees when I went over my free storage period with DRMO.It was like $30 a day.Adds up quick.
Wait till you get my bill :shock:.

Just kidding :wink:. Like I told you before, it's not in my way. I'm in no hurry to get it gone and the storage is still free :-D.

If you go get the M35 you know where I'm at and have my number if you run into trouble.

Monkeyboyarmy

Ty.I realize now that if I would have left the fuel tank on so you could drive it that the storage fees would be less.;-)You southern guys are probably having to mow grass already.

I actually was somewhat planning a trip on Friday as it is the last day of the wifes "spring break".Then found out that Redstone doesn't load out on Fridays.:xWhy do I feel more comfortable driving a 40 year old truck home than a 15 year old truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks