• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506 Model 7554?

WW2Chevy

Model 7554

Where did this model number come from?? Dataplate in the cab, dataplate on the body/box?? I doon't recall havingssen this particular model number before... Is there any other info available that might give us some clues?? If from the cab dataplate, what kinf of cab ?? closed, open, cab-over, etc. Date of delivery??

anything else you can tell us might help narrow things down...

WW2Chevy

I just checked my copy of the 25 June 1945 dated SNL G-85 Vol. IV and G506. It have an exhaustive list of model numbers, which include numbers in the 4100 range (ie. 4112, 4103. etc) and also numbers in the 7100 range (ie. 7106, 7107, 7116, 7105, etc.) I found no mention of any 7500 range of model numbers...

sawco69

Thanks for the reply. I think I was mis reading the Serial Number as a Model Number. It's SN # 6NJ07 7554. Delivered 7.30.42. Per all the manuels and TM's I have this would be a Cargo less winch, built in Oakland CA, July 1942. The last numbers are just the production number.Does that sound right?
Also looking to rebuild the back and bottom of the battery box. Anyone got any pictures?
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks