• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vanishing Auction?

brianrbull

Ok, I dont know if this has been covered before or not. I was bidding on a MKT-95 in Alabama I think. the auction was due to end tomorrow. it has completely vanished, along with the bid history, I still have the Emails confirming my bids. But the auction is GONE. Has this happened to any of you before? is this a frequeng occurance?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen that before. I suggest you contact GL customer service for an explanation. While they suck as a company, you might get lucky and speak to a lucid rep.

dittle

It happened in December of 08 when all of a sudden every GL item that required (deuces/trailers/etc) an EUC got pulled so that the DOD (or whatever agency) could review the list of items being sent to DRMO and then sold to private parties. There are a couple of threads on this from that time frame with the big one dealing with the end of EUC related items for sale to the public.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was bidding on a lot of scrap last week that still showed listed in the auction listing, but when you clicked on the link, a notice came up saying that GL had removed the lot from the auction.

brianrbull

Yeah that is the message I get on the GL site, Some Horse Pucky about being pulled by the Admin team....A simple email notification would be nice. I love companies with a monopoly.......

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It happens when some agency gets wind of an item and puts in a formal request for it. The auction gets pulled when DRMO takes it back. Title does not pass to GL until the day after the auction closes (from reading the contract), but DRMO can still claim it until the purchaser (us) picks it up. Then it has to be a re-classification item (think - must be shredded).

brianrbull

A flawed system I would think once an item goes up for sale it should be "Off Limits" I have gotten items missing parts that were there in the pics....I know I know .....BUt flawed none the less

crusty

Happened to me. At Warner Robbins, I won the auction and when the bidding closed everything vanished. when I asked about it, GL said they had no record of that sale number let alone the particular Lot. I think someone was shill bidding against me and got tired of bumping the price in $20 increments.

Michael

Lots can be pulled from a sale for a number of reasons. A federal agency has a pressing need, a problem with the description, wrong pictures attached to the lot, or a change in the demil code come to mind.

Isaac-1

I have seen it a couple of times, items I would be watching would just vanish. The one case I can recall involved several generators being sold at a nearby base, I was watching one in particular as it seemed the nicest of the lot, so of course it vanished. My guess is one of those intenties that are higher on the picking list than auction sale decided they wanted it.

Ike

54reo

It has happened to me as well, on a couple of lots.

The same lots were listed a few weeks later, and I ended up getting them for less the second time around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks