• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL finally paid out on a complaint

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the best of my knowledge, I finally heard about a situation where GL gave someone compensation for items stolen off of their truck while on their property. They denied me and you are damn straight to understand that I am talking to my lawyer. I was denied twice when they were in the wrong and, in the second situation, I have an email telling me they agreed that I was correct in my claim, but they said they were not in the business of evaluating the value of parts stolen off a truck. Now, they award a friend of mine...a guy I trust...$400 for mudflaps that were taken. I had over $1200 of parts stolen and the did NOTHING...again, even though they stated that they believed me. If that is not BS, I am not sure what is.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please think of this dear NEWBIE the next time you want to start a thread about how much you you loved your GL experience.

ccequipment

I filed a claim with them for 60 PS kits I bought, one pallet only had 18 on it, but said it had 20. I bought and paid for 60, but only got 58. They said it should of been counted by the driver when they loaded it, A very expensive mistake I will never make again, $1000!

area52

Bruce,

Did your friend do anything different as far as the claim went? Did he threaten legal action?

Just trying to figure out why he got his money and others like you did not.

TURKEY131

I had a tailgate stolen off my M1009. Emailed them back and forth, a couple of faxes, and a few months later... They gave me back $100.00. Better than nothing. :roll:

Sumoman

Just need to start buying from closed sites. I have never had this experience but would assume that it happens more at large sites where people "know" the GL personnel and are allowed to fart around on the lot. Still it is a military post, contact the MP's.. have them take a report and if they will not ask if you can have a local department take a report. Then you have something to fax GL, take pictures of the pick up date and compare them to the ones GL took. As LEO I can say were you to have this I think you have something to complain about but if not you have little if any recourse.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
goldeagle over in slidell got a credit on his GL account for some missing stuff. maybe he can chim in an tell his story

NEWFDAD

I am the one Bruce is talking about. I had won the truck out of FT Lewis, WA and before my EUC had cleared I had a another SS member look it over. I live about 400 miles away and due to a lack of money wanted to drive it home flat towing my freshly painted M1009. The mud flaps were a big reason I had bid on the M818 (I hadn't seen many with them and they would help save my M1009 from the road grim). So when I got the pics from the the SS member I did not see ant mudflaps. I then called the GL site manager ( who was very helpful) and was told that he would check the origanal GL auction pics along with the actual truck (it was still at the GL lot). He got back to me the next day and verified that they were now missing. Bruce helped me locate new flaps and with shipping would cost $420. I contacted GL , filled out a claim form and in detail descibed my issues. I made sure to include the names of the people from the FT Lewis lot and that they had verified verbaly to me that the claim items were indeed missing. They ask on the form "what specificaly would I like from GL?". I wrote that it will cost me $420 for the only miltary mudflaps I could find, so that is what I want. After filling out the form, the site informs you that claims can take 15 business days (3 long weeks). My plan was to leave the truck at the GL lot until my claim was processed. If it was denied and I was given the option I was going to back out of the deal. At about the 2 1/2 week mark I recieved an email from the Ft Lewis site manager telling me that I need to remove my truck. I contacted him and was told that his boss had suggested that I recieve $200 as compensation for the missing mudflaps. I told him that I was waiting to here from GL about the claim and he agreed to wait a little longer on the pickup. Well after almost 5 weeks and multiple phone calls they got back to and approved the $420 claim that I had asked for. I was very surprised at the result from my claim, but now I had to scramble to remove the truck ASAP. Todd (militaryrestoration) helped me by picking it up and towing it back to his place.

Other than the 5 weeks to process the claim, I must say that I am pleased with my first claim. The guys at the FT Lewis GL lot were very helpfull, addressed my concerns and backed me up throughout this process.

If anyone needs any more detial just let me know!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is exactly what GL told me when I asked for some compensation:

From: Monika Zalewska [mailto:mzalewska@govliquidation.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:06 PM
To: Bruce Eric Kubu
Subject: RE: Regarding Claim Sale 3391 Lot 1256

Dear Mr. Kubu,

Thank you for your email. Government Liquidation has no way to accurately asses the cost of the missing items or to determine exactly what is missing. Please keep in mind that GL does not generally inspect items that are purchased from the Government and we list them per the information provided by the Government. Furthermore, this property was listed in HX condition, therefore all the parts were used and in unknown condition. All Condition Code definitions may be viewed on the Lot Details page or by visiting the DRMS website at https://www.drms.dla.mil/rtd03/conditioncodes.htm. The Federal Condition Code HX indicates the following:
H - Unserviceable - Condemned - Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; includes condemned items which are radioactivity contaminated, Type I self life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended.

NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. "

X - Salvage - Property which has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation is impractical and/or uneconomical. "
Please note that GL is not stating that you're making a false claim, but merely that we cannot determine the cost of the missing used parts. Please also note that you still have the option of receiving a full refund. As stated before, please reply to this email and let us know which option you choose by Friday, August 8th, 2008.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
· Sincerely,

Monika A. Zalewska
Claims Administrator
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd 3rd Fl
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

How did they accurately assess the costs of the mud flaps that Keith lost? Like the condition code means anything in this situation. I don't care if it was a pile of turds. If I get fewer turds than I paid for, I want some compensation.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks