• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring ???

wyliek

i was trying to add a liscence plate light today, b/c i got a written warning the other night about it. i wasn't sure where to start so i was looking on the fuse board to see if there was a slot. does anyone know of one?? wat are all the harnesses down there for? there are 2 about 1 inch next to the fuse board and one huge one just above the brake pedal, i also have another one next to the military accesory plug next to the transfer case shifter. what are they for??

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
just mount a light, then run a wire from the tail light wire to the plate light, i dont beleave there is a fuse just for the plate light

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be a purple wire with a black female plug on the end. This wire should be where the wiring harness splits between the tail lights. The same tail light harness was used on the civi GM pickup trucks. This purple wire is intended for the license plate lamp. Try looking at the drivers side frame rail. They usally tuck the wire around the crossmember above the spare tire mount.

mangus580

If the purple wire isnt there, the brown wire in the tail light harness will give you the power you need. Me... I plugged mine into my trailer plug... got me inspected :)

mangus580

The brown wire is the parking lights wire. so if you wanted your plate lamp to work with the trailer, you will have to split it. You can find that wire under the truck in a few places.

wyliek

no purple wire found, 3 wires going into each tail light, and 3 for each blackout LED

mangus, there are 2 harnesses going to the military trailer plug, i havnt encountered this before as i havnt towed anything yet, but is one of the 2 harnesses (which each contain 3 wires) for the blackout LEDs?? they both have brownish looking wires, but i guess it could be sand/ salt

mangus580

unplug the two plugs, and test them with the lights on. Use a volt meter or test light. (I forgot, the forrestry service had already made up a civvy plug on my truck)

Other thing you can do is pop out a tail light.... tap into the brown wire there, and feed it down under the truck.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummm no purple wire? Mabye it's wrapped up in that black corragated wiring wrap. Both trucks i had, had this wire. I'll look at D-RAT's cucv and see if i can find his.

wyliek

the brown wire from the trailer is working, i figured out that one is for the Blackout LEDs when i blew the fuse when i touched the wires, but the regular brown wire works good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks