• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Shear Pin Comparison

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my last little business trip I managed to pass through Memphis so I arranged a stop at Memphis Equipment for some shear pins for the trucks. Since I was there I tried to get all I would need over the next few years since I don't get to Memphis too often, anyway I got pins for the 10K, 20K and 45K drag winch on the wrecker. The price comparison didn't make too much since but I needed them and no shipping so I got several Deuce pins for about $1.75 each, two 5 Ton pins about $13.50 each and two pins for the 45000 lb. drag winch about $13.75 each. All told about $70 worth, but no shipping. I did notice Saturn had the Drag Winch pins for $6.50, anyway you can tell by the photos below the prices don't represent material or machine time between the shear pins, must be supply and demand or availability!
James

Attachments

dm22630

I just bought five 5ton front winch shear pins....

$70 after shipping.....now White Owl has zero in stock....

I still cant believe I paid $12 + s/h per pin....HOW can they cost that much?!?!?!?!

grounded

Banned
i called Saturn to get some but was all out of pins so i had to go with memphis. But you are right. pricing scale seems little strange. But you got a good deal on them vs memphis shipping cost. it cost me $13 to get a pound of shear pins shipped up. ;)

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I work at an Aluminum casting/rolling mill, I will check at work to see if they can spectrograph the three different pins, I wonder what the differences are in aluminum grades, especially between the deuce and 5 ton pins?
James G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are those Deuce pins (w/head) made of, is it black anodized aluminum? The do look more like a common 5/16" steel bolt to me... :roll:
I recall Kenny saying that they don't have the correct ones....???

G.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I work at an Aluminum casting/rolling mill, I will check at work to see if they can spectrograph the three different pins, I wonder what the differences are in aluminum grades, especially between the deuce and 5 ton pins?
James G.
Want a broken, known correct shear pin for testing/ comparison to the memphis pins w/ heads?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks